Ferrari 430 engine standalone ecu

Tubolove

Good day!

I’m wanting to swap a Ferrari 430 engine into my old 63 Chevrolet.   Has anyone done a standalone Link ECU on a Ferrari 430 motor? I see a 360 swap has been before but I’m not seeing any 430 swaps.   The 430 is a new engine design.  
From Ferrari 2 points I’m unsure of if Link controls these features:

1.A rotating drum - actuated pneumatically by the engine control unit - compensates for variations in the effective volume inside the two plenums to optimise the intake resonance characteristics and therefore maximise the torque curve throughout the rev range.

2.Actuation of the variable valve timing is guaranteed by a high pressure hydraulic system (20 bar), obtained by using a supplementary pump, an external accumulator and a circuit that works in parallel with the oil circuit for the hydraulic tappets.

thank you in advance for any help!

4 hours ago, Tubolove said:

1.A rotating drum - actuated pneumatically by the engine control unit - compensates for variations in the effective volume inside the two plenums to optimise the intake resonance characteristics and therefore maximise the torque curve throughout the rev range.

Do you know how this is electrically controlled? Is it controlled using an H-Bridge in the same style as an E-Throttle or does it use a single PWM feed with some form of feedback or does it use a stepper motor? Pictures of the mechanism and plugs may help with determining this. My assumption would be H-Bridge/E-Throttle style.

4 hours ago, Tubolove said:

2.Actuation of the variable valve timing is guaranteed by a high pressure hydraulic system (20 bar), obtained by using a supplementary pump, an external accumulator and a circuit that works in parallel with the oil circuit for the hydraulic tappets.

Is there any electronic control of the supplemental pressure system other than the cam solenoids themselves?

On 2/18/2024 at 4:30 PM, Vaughan said:

Do you know how this is electrically controlled? Is it controlled using an H-Bridge in the same style as an E-Throttle or does it use a single PWM feed with some form of feedback or does it use a stepper motor? Pictures of the mechanism and plugs may help with determining this. My assumption would be H-Bridge/E-Throttle style.

Is there any electronic control of the supplemental pressure system other than the cam solenoids themselves?

Unfortunately, I’m showing my ineptitude here. I’ve swapped many engines before, but simply plugged in the factory plugs to the factory sensors, relays, and whatnot. I assume it can be done because I’ve seen a competitors ECU used to drive a 430 engine so I might need to do a little more research as I cannot, as of yet answer those questions you posed.

Pictures of the components and their plugs/connectors will help, any information on what trigger pattern it uses would also be useful but we should be able to do a custom pattern if it's not covered by existing ones

Does your engine have port injectors or direct injectors? Wikipedia says direct but also shows some engines with port injectors and some with Direct

The best picture from the internet that I've managed to find looks like the manifold thing is just a switched not continuously variable, I have seen a similarish looking setup on Toyota 2GR-FE's where they have the plenum split in half with half to one bank and half to the other so you effectively have long runners when divided as intake strokes are alternating bank to bank and when you move the flap making the plenum a single chamber you effectively have short runners.

Also shows port injectors on this particular manifold

Capture.PNG

On 2/19/2024 at 7:55 PM, Vaughan said:

Pictures of the components and their plugs/connectors will help, any information on what trigger pattern it uses would also be useful but we should be able to do a custom pattern if it's not covered by existing ones

Does your engine have port injectors or direct injectors? Wikipedia says direct but also shows some engines with port injectors and some with Direct

The best picture from the internet that I've managed to find looks like the manifold thing is just a switched not continuously variable, I have seen a similarish looking setup on Toyota 2GR-FE's where they have the plenum split in half with half to one bank and half to the other so you effectively have long runners when divided as intake strokes are alternating bank to bank and when you move the flap making the plenum a single chamber you effectively have short runners.

Also shows port injectors on this particular manifold

Capture.PNG

Thank you for your reply and all the initial research you have already done. You’re way far ahead than me.

installs I’ve seen done have been converted from direct injection to port injectors  

let me take a step back.

I don’t have the motor yet.  The reason I posted is I’m trying to decide between a 360 and a 430 engine.  I know the 360 has been done with the Link ECU. It’s a little underpowered for my application so I was hoping to go for the 430 engine, but noticed there were some technological changes on Ferrari‘s website.  

I was kind of hoping for a “we’ve done that before go for it!” and then move forward on locating an engine. But that was best case scenario.  

I can do all the legwork on the one off Ferrari control systems.  I just wasn’t “prepared” to do it at this moment. But I’m excited at the possibility, and I will start doing my research and post here as questions come up.

Again Thank you so much for your replies and research.  At the very least it has lit fire that the 430 engine is a possibility.