G3 auto tune for fuel missing

Dynotech NZ

Hi guys I tuned a G3 in a Nissan Laurel yesterday with RB25DET I was trying to use autotune for fueling but the target afr table was missing from the platform! I do have the autotune option but no target afr table Is this due to old software and need to update the customers ecu/software I dialed in the afr's but would have been so much quicker with autotune! Cheers Phil

simon.final.pcl

Hi Phil.

I see from your .pcl file that the ECU is running v1.3.4 firmware.  I would be inclined to update this to v1.9.2 (latest for G3), as the function from what I have been led to believe only appeared in the last 1 or 2 revisions.  The reason you see the feature in the menu is that you are using a later PCLink.

Jurgen

Hi Phil.

I would guess that you are using a com port above COM9.  Sometimes it will still allow you to tune, but the updater has issues if your communicating above COM9.  Change to a lower com port and try it again.

As for the previous question about "can I use the same map after my update"... Yes you can, but there maybe feature that exist in the new firmware which will not have been set up in the old.  If these features by default are turned on, and set up badly for your application, this could be a sticking point for you.

I advise first of all to save a back up copy of the original map, and after the update go through everything with a fine tooth comb before starting the engine again.  If you are unsure about ANYTHING please call us first, or see a pro tuner for advice.

Jurgen