G4 Evo 9 plugin water sprayer issue

Dynotech NZ

Hi guys, I have just installed the G4 plugin to my evo 8/9 3 plug ecu I have DI 2 as intercooler autoswitch and injector drive 7 is intercooler spray relay as per factory set up I am having an issue with the intercooler sprayer, but the auto button doesn’t activate the sprayer relay now or light the i/c light on dash. The manual button still works as per normal. I am using the Auto spray switch as a GP input at the moment to activate logging or antilag or launch. This works fine! So it must be to do with the injector drive? Works fine on std ecu. I even tried setting the i/c spray to trigger on throttle and not the switch and it doesnt activate Any ideas Thanks Phil

Sorted The waterline non return valve was seized closed and the car must be running as the i/c spray is on an injector output :)

Previously phil wrote:

Hi guys, I have just installed the G4 plugin to my evo 8/9 3 plug ecu I have DI 2 as intercooler autoswitch and injector drive 7 is intercooler spray relay as per factory set up I am having an issue with the intercooler sprayer, but the auto button doesn’t activate the sprayer relay now or light the i/c light on dash. The manual button still works as per normal. I am using the Auto spray switch as a GP input at the moment to activate logging or antilag or launch. This works fine! So it must be to do with the injector drive? Works fine on std ecu. I even tried setting the i/c spray to trigger on throttle and not the switch and it doesnt activate Any ideas Thanks Phil

Hi Phil,

Good to know you found the issue.

Injector drives will work as Auxiliaries with the car not running (they are sometimes used to run fuel pumps/engine fans). But as the ECU just provides a ground it may be that power is not supplied to the relay by the factory circuitry unless the car is running.

-Cameron