ECU Hold Power/E-Throttle issues

BlakeR33

Hi guys, I have a link G4x controlling a VQ35de in my 350z. It is running a wiring specialties harness. 

The issues are, the ecu won't turn off now for some reason ECU Hold Power stays active. And intermittently there is E-Throttle issues, maybe the two are linked. 

Please see attached tune file and log file. 

Please note: During the log ignition power was turned off 2 or 3 times, but it never showed up on the log?

Thank you. 

Blake V35 - 190KW.pclx PC Datalog - 2024-05-20 6;32;27 pm.llgx

Start by confirming the voltage on the ignition sw pin #109.  If the software shows Ign switch active then it suggests there is still voltage present on that pin with ign off.

That is unlikely related to the throttle issue, can you give a log of some driving.    

13 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Start by confirming the voltage on the ignition sw pin #109.  If the software shows Ign switch active then it suggests there is still voltage present on that pin with ign off.

That is unlikely related to the throttle issue, can you give a log of some driving.    

That's what confuses me, because if I turn the ignition switch off PIN 109 shows 0 volts and the engine shuts off the link shows the injectors etc are off. How does it know to turn that off but still thinks the ignition switch is on? 

The ECU cuts fuel and ignition to stop the engine when the ignition switch DI goes off.  However, your ignition switch signal (pin 109) only turns off for about 1sec, it then returns to on. Im sure if you measure voltage on pin 109 when the DI10 or Ign Sw signal in the software shows ON or ACTIVE you will find it is not at 0V.  

xCEKYKU.png 

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

The ECU cuts fuel and ignition to stop the engine when the ignition switch DI goes off.  However, your ignition switch signal (pin 109) only turns off for about 1sec, it then returns to on. Im sure if you measure voltage on pin 109 when the DI10 or Ign Sw signal in the software shows ON or ACTIVE you will find it is not at 0V.  

xCEKYKU.png 

Hi Adam, I have checked the PIN 109 it has the ignition wire coming from it connected to the ignition switch. I tested it with the fuse pulled out and ecu side it is showing 2.4 volts. For the last 3 weeks it has been working flawlessly and now for some reason has an issue?

This issue has cropped up at the same time as the e-throttle issues, I see on a diagram it is meant to have a diode between ignition switch and aux +14v, I don't believe wiring specialties has done that?

How best can I diagnose this issue please. 

If you have 2.4V on pin 109 with the ignition off then the issue is somewhere in the ignition switch circuit, this appears to come straight from the ign switch and cant be influenced by anything in the ecu (except DI10 pull-up which is correctly set to off in your map). 

The diode is only used in "wire in" ecu installs where the ignition switch signal needs to both power up the ecu and control the main relay, in your case pin 109 doesnt power the ecu, it only controls the main relay, and this is done by hardware independent of the ecu so no diode needed.   

DZU6qqd.png

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

If you have 2.4V on pin 109 with the ignition off then the issue is somewhere in the ignition switch circuit, this appears to come straight from the ign switch and cant be influenced by anything in the ecu (except DI10 pull-up which is correctly set to off in your map). 

The diode is only used in "wire in" ecu installs where the ignition switch signal needs to both power up the ecu and control the main relay, in your case pin 109 doesnt power the ecu, it only controls the main relay, and this is done by hardware independent of the ecu so no diode needed.   

DZU6qqd.png

Hi Adam, 

The stranger thing is, when vvti solenoids and o2 sensor is unplugged issue goes away and it all works. The ignition system is a simple toggle switch with fuse inline that supplies a ignition relay that then supplies 109 pin with power. 

23 minutes ago, BlakeR33 said:

The ignition system is a simple toggle switch with fuse inline that supplies a ignition relay that then supplies 109 pin with power. 

So there is nothing else connected to the output of that relay?

Just now, Adamw said:

So there is nothing else connected to the output of that relay?

The ignition relay energises fuel pump and rad fans, I have isolated them by pulling out the fuse and relays for those items.