Injector Question

dave seymour

Hi Guys,

I have a G4 strorm that I am currently wiring into my RB30det powered cefro and have a question about injectors.

I know that the G4 can only run the high resitance injectors however after procuring 4 injectors from one source and 2 from another to make the full set of 6, I have ended up with a mixture of low and high impedance injectors...

Rather than going shopping for more injectors I thought I'd ask the question on here first -can I run low impedance injectors if I fire them together? As the G4 only has 4 injector outputs I'm going to have to pair them up anyway so is it possible to pair perhaps a low impedance injector with a high impedance injector to get the resistance up to an acceptable level for the ecu ? 

Also I know that early injection systems sometimes fired all injectors together, can I do this?

Or maybe I'll run them as two sets of 3?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Dave,

You are right that some older factory injection systems did fire more than one injector off one drive, however these were always done in parallel. By running injectors in series they would not get the voltage they require as the voltage would be split between the two injectors.

My recommendation is to get 6 matching injectors, and fire them in three groups of two. Using different injectors is going to lead to very difficult tuning as injector deadtime can not be set for each individual injector.

Preferably you would use 6 matching high impedence injectors, but 6 matching low impedence injectors with ballast packs would work also.

Scott.

'Using different injectors is going to lead to very difficult tuning as injector deadtime can not be set for each individual injector.'

Many thanks that certainly clarifies as my next question was going to be -can I run a mixture of low imp with resistors and high imp without? but it sounds like this is impossible as you cannot set deadtimes individually.

Looks like I'm going shopping for more injectors!

I have another query with regards to the cam angle sensor but I'll post seperately for clarity.