PC Link on Mac

Dora Wieland

Hey,

tanks for your answer.

They are NOT running PC Link on Mac.

They´re running PCLink in a native (Bootcamp) Windows or through a virtual Windows Machine (virtualbox, vmware, whatever)

Thats the way I do it at the moment. It works, but not fine.

Another way could be a Iphone Version. Have you already think about that?

There are OBD2 to Wifi converters out there, or build a usb -> wifi controller on your own. That would be very great.

• 4 months later...

You´re right Brian, firmware features are nice.

But not if PCLink runs on an OS (Win) that is a total piece of sh*t (sorry for that) that makes only problems.

Even with a dedicated win7 / PClink Netbook I got problems...

and yes, I´m an informatics, I know what I´m talking about, thats why I still want a _native_ version for OSX or Linux or Unix.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I been running PCLink using Wine in Linux as a test and here are my findings, so far...

I'm unable to access the Help File (it pops up but it wont display the page/s content).

A calibration file got screwed up when I used the Linux machine to tweak some values from the Win machine calibration file.

Also layout config from Win to Linux gets wonky, some stuff wont display properly or not at all.

Occasionally it freezes when loading large logfiles.

My tuning laptop is running Win10 (*dry heaving*) and its OK as long as the system is not doing anything else...like random, unannounced updates when logging.

• 1 month later...