pclink unable to load layout

Lawrence martin

hi since a few updates ago the pclink cannot load my last layout whenever I start pc link and it tries to load my map it states in a red pop up box 'XML document must have top level element' then below 'Line 0' if I then load my layout manually it loads up and works as it should but its very annoying and it also wont let me edit maps offline either all the maps just stay greyed out. What do I need to do to rectify this, my layout has quite a few pages and took me ages to do

Hi Lawrence,

That is odd. Can you try the following and let me know how it goes:

1. Get your layout file open manually.

2. Save it as a different file name.

3. Close PCLink and then re-open PCLink.

This may have the issue resolved.

If it does not can you please email the layout file to [email protected] and we can have a look for you.

Scott

Hi I've sent you my layout also I can seem to bring up run time values I have just a blank box when I click on them I'm trying to sort out an issue with the ac making the car lean when driving but every now and then I think it's the fan coming in but can't check without the run time tab I tried a uninstall and reinstall o latest software but still the same

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for sending your layout file in. I will respond to you on here in case this thread can help someone in the future.

I loaded your layout file into my PCLink and it works fine for me. I can see all your tabs you have made. I receive no errors or faults. I can view and change base-maps when offline.

I see that you have uninstalled and re-installed the latest PCLink. Can you please try deleting the whole PCLink directory from your hard drive (backup your base-maps, ect first!) and then do a re-install.

If this does not work can you please email in your ECUs base-map and I will see if that is somehow having an effect.

Scott