1uz idle control

Steve Bull

Does anyone have anyexperiance with these engines and the idle control.  Looking at the system they need the use of 4 aux ouputs in stepper control.  Can this be reduced to just useing 2 just to control the valve as all two do is engage the clutch.  Could this done just by givbing it a perminant live feed.

One reason for asking is to free up two outputs for PAS control and fuel pump. 

Hi Steve

The 1UZ uses a 6 terminal stepper motor for the idle control, there is no way to reduce the number of control lines required.

It could be an option to fit a 2 wire solenoid and do away with the stepper motor.

Hi,

Is your 1UZ a dual distributor engine or  8 x COP.

If it is COP, setup your ignition as wasted spark and configure the ignition output wiring for wasted spark you will free up 4 ignition outputs to use as AUX O/P.

Just an idea.

Regards

Dave.

Thanks for that 

Yes its coil on plug, but it wired for sequential.  But wasted spark might be better.  

How do you change fuelling for bigger injectors as I'm using the 1uz standard map but trying to alter it for my set up.  The engine fired up but there was  to much fuel for it to run.

Hi Steve,

You need to go into the ECU settings tab on the left of the page.

Then select the FUEL tab, then Fuel setup, then fuel main.

You need to then adjust the MASTER FUEL ms value to a lower value.

Do you have an Air Fuel Meter as other influences will be active during first start up such as post start multipliers, warm up enrichment multipliers and timers etc that will add to the fuel amount injected.

You are best off having an AFR meter hooked up, fire the engine and try to adjust the fuel master until the AFR IS AROUND SAY 12.5-  12.8:1 with the engine rpm held at say 2000 rpm .

That way the AFR is  safe and you can warm the engine up until the cold start enrichment parameters become inactive.

If you can post up your PCL file I can make up a starting file for you.

I have attached a screen shot of the tabs etc open to show where the fuel master is.

Regards

Dave.

Hi, thanks

The injector are now 550 cc rather than the standard (175cc)  1uzfe ones.  I take it i have to reduce  from  11ms, as it is now, down to say 6ms.

It ran but was only for second or two.  However, you could smell the fuel.

Hi, i set the injector times  to 4 ms and the thing ran.  But had to increase to 8ms for the throttle to work.

The TPS calibrated but then fell out ill have to check that.  The MAP took a while to callibrate, a bit of trail error.

The injectors are an upgrade for the 1uzfe there Nikki 550cc @ 52psi high impedance.

Thanks Steve

Hi Steve,

The 1UZFE VVT engines (COP) I have seen all use an electronic throttle system for idle control. It is a strange system, as the FPS and TPS are both located on the throttle body, and it uses a cable, but it is still an e-throttle setup.

If you looks under PCLink Help > Wiring Information > Miscellaneous Diagrams > Eletronic Throttle > Toyota Clutched Electronic E-throttle you will see the wiring and tuning information.

Scott

Hi

Thanks

Does that mean you can use this as an electronic throttle control without the  link 'E Throttle'.  I had converted it to manual just by altering the cable end of the throttle to operate on pull but it can be easily changed over.

The engine ran smooth today up to about 3000 rpm but as it was small throttle opening the turbo didn't cut in.  Still a long way to go.

Anyone with any ideas pass them on.

Steve

Hi Steve,

If you want to run the e-throttle it is going to depend on your ECU model. Here are the options:

G4 Silver Xtreme Wire in ECU - Not many of these were built, but they had internal e-throttle.

G4 Storm or Red Xtreme wire-in ECU - You will need an external e-throttle module.

G4 Atom wire-in ECU - It's not possible.

G4+ Xtreme wire-in ECU - Activate the internal e-throttle upgrade.

You could and fix the 1UZ-FE throttle body so that when the cable fully moves the FPS it also fully opens the throttle plate. That way you would not use the e-throttle and it would work like a normal mechanical throttle.

Scott

Hi Steve,

Both the base-maps I have for 1UZ engines have the ECT as using a standard bosch calibration.

How much variability are you seeing? Bosch specifies that the sensors are ± 5% accurate.

Did you get your cable sorted?

Scott