G4+ Fury pinout vs Vi-Pec i88 pinout

Kevin Boyd

I asked this question in the wrong forum so asking it here as well.

I've currently got a Supra Link plug-in in my 94 Supra and am wanting to upgrade to an ECU that does full traction control. I like the features of the new G4+ Fury and are wondering if the ECU pin outs for the G4+ Fury are the same as the Vi-Pec i88 (not the plug-in) which was the other option I'm considering?

If so, then perhaps I could use the boomslang adapter harness that they make for the Vi-Pec i88 for the JDM Supra with the G4+ Fury instead. Do you think this would work?

Also are all the motorsport features enabled by default on the G4+ Fury, as I've read elsewhere?

Hi Kevin

The pinout is as close as it can get to being the same the only differences are around the pins required for the onboard wideband.

It would be a relatively simple task to adapt a boomslang harness across.

Yes the Fury is fully unlocked.

• 2 months later...

I'm interested in this too.
I've got the v88 and have made my own custom patch harness into my vvti supra 2jzgte.

I would like to upgrade to the g4 extreme but don't want to re wire the whole thing again.

Also the tune that's in my v88 will that work with the new ecu ?

Yep same story for the V88 and yes the map can be converted over. All you need is the New ECU online and then open the V series file and it will load to the ECU.

New features will of course need to be set and checked.

Yep same story for the V88 and yes the map can be converted over. All you need is the New ECU online and then open the V series file and it will load to the ECU.

New features will of course need to be set and checked.

Simon i downloaded pc link and tried loading my vipec v88 file and it says the ecu is too old for this software version. 

Any suggestions? 

• 1 month later...

Hi muzzytt,

yes you must recalibrate the MAP sensor and TP MAIN and DBW if you have it working, just to be on the safe side.

You should go through all of your settings etc, as sometimes very rarely some settings and tables may be loaded with obscure values.

Regards

Dave.

Hi muzzytt,

I see you still had no luck with setting up your sub and main DBW inputs.

Are you still able to send me the other DBW assembally you had and mentioned sending to me for testing.

I have a Toyota DBW setup here but later model with an actual pedal, not like your setup.

Regards

Dave.