G3 crank/cam signals

russell clarke

Hi

Does the Link G3  have the capability to decode the crank/cam signals. I am trying to fit some adjustable cam gears to my wrx gc8 and i know i have to change the crank sprocket to a later model type and corespondingly decode the crank/cam signal. Is this possible with the link g3?

I purchased the g3 new back in 2008.

txs

russ

Hi Russ,

The Link G3 does not have ability to decode cam/crank signals. However if you are switching to another pattern that we support you just need to select that trigger setup instead of your original one.

Scott.

Hi

txs for the reply.

I am going from a 6 tooth crank  trigger to 25 tooth trigger, basically from a newer wrx sti 2004 on. Is it likely this is supported?

i know a guy (car has same set up as me apart from ecu) has done it with a g4 link, does that have the ability to decode the cam/crank signals?

Txs

russ

Hi again Russ,

The G4 is the same situation, it can not actually decode the cam/crank signals, but comes with all the later Subaru patterns. The difference is that as the G4 is a current product we are still updating the firmware with new trigger patterns.

The G3 supports up to Subaru version 9 in the 2.0L turbo. The 2.5 Turbo apparently uses a different trigger pattern, which is supported under G4.

Regards,

Scott