Help please (Ashley) - no rpm, no spark

Adam Grosso

I need some help. I have a Link G2 Plus with a Chevy LS1. I have the coils wired up to the fuel pump relay and I'm getting a spark when I turn on the computer and when I start cranking. I heard this is due to the relay activating before the ECU. Not my main problem but how do I fix this? My main issue is that I get no spark at all while cranking and no RPM registered on PCLink. When I crank the fuel pumps turn on like they should. I also get a Trig1 and Trig2 = OK after a second of cranking. I get NO TRIGGER ERRORS either. The funny part is that when I do the ignition test the coils fire. Each test has always fired the correct cylinder and only that one. It sparks like mad until the fuel pumps shut off which in turns the coils off. So the ECU knows how to fire the coils and which ones they are. The triggers are getting something as they turn on the fuel pumps and get no errors. (I also have the latest firmware and PCLink running. My question is, which of the trigger setup options do I choose "LS1 3/12" or "LS1 5/10"? What would cause the coils to work and triggers to work with no errors but to not get any spark during cranking? I wired the entire thing myself and know it very well. So please point me in the right direction. Thank you, Adam

For the G2s you need to set triggers to one tooth per TDC with sync on cam.

This is a hangover of G2s still having sub-boards.

On a G3 you would use one or the other of the LS1 options. (there are two different types of crank trigger dependent on engine spec)

I can look over the PCL file and tweak it if needed.

[email protected]

For the coils "poping" on key on you can solve this by letting the fuel pump control also switch on the relay to supply the coils.

Simon

The key is to have it so the ECU is the first thing to power up and every thing else to follow. However the way you have it currently should be all good. Two relays would be a little better for splitting the load as with 8 coils you will be pulling some good amounts of current.

Simon