Bmw m3 s14

Ahmad Daham

Hey,

I am attempting to install a link G4 storm on a bmw m3 1989 , i used the trigger settings , which is the bmw 116 teeth , the one that is with the software. But im still not getting any rpm signal , the car has to crank sensor one of them is connected to trig 1 and the other is connected to trig 2 . I hope ypu can help me asap since next week the car will be participating in a hill climb, i need to get it running and tuned this week.

Thanks,

Ahmad

Hi Ahmad

Do you know how many teeth you have on your application as some BMWs ran a 58-60 tooth wheel on the crank.

If you have 116 teeth this signal will have to go to trigger 1. The second signal should be a single tooth and this must go to trigger 2.

Your trigger 2 setting should be 1x crank.

Hi Simon,

I've installed and tuned over 30 link G4 ecus on bmws without any problems this is the face probem i face because its the first m3 with 116 teeth i want to start. This bmw is the 116 teeth , it takes its signal from the flywheel which has 116 teeth the new bmws have the 58-60 teeth wheels. I did exactly what you said the 116 signal to trigger 1 and the single tooth to trigger 2 with the setting to 1x crank  and there is no rpm signal yet , although when i put multi-tooth /missing i get rpm signal but it isnt correct on cranking i get around 1000rpm which is too much and the car wont go past 4000rpm with the multi-tooth setting . Is there anything else i can do ?   I appreciate you fast reply .

Thanks,

Ahmad