PC Link won't connect to ECU

Weldon

I dropped my Ver5 STi off to get some gauges installed while I was at work, and I did some data logging on the trip to the shop. A few days after I picked my car up, I decided to wire the Wide Band to the Link so that I can data log AFRs. When I tried connecting, it wouldn't connect. I kept getting the, 'check connection....' error and I knew it had just worked, so I followed the USB cable to the ECU and there is 2 wires not connected inside the box. One wire is exposed, and was causing my car to bog out when I touched it (so I taped it up) and the other wire was like it had never been connected or was cut, bcuz there arent any exposed wires coming from it. I plan on going back to the shop 2mrw when they are open, but I had a quick question. Are all the wires to the USB cable s'pose to be connected? And if so, does that mean the shop cut one of them? I hate to make accusations, but it was working fine when I dropped it off. I can see that it was possible that the exposed wire got pulled out on accident, because I have the USB routed up through the cup holder above the Hvac unit, and my gauges were installed on the center bin so the wires are routed very close together and I could see the USB accidentally getting pulled thinking it was the gauge wire, but what about the wire that isn't exposed? It was either cut, or never hooked up to begin with. And for the record, this is the same shop that installed my Link to begin with. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so the Wire that i thot was exposed, was just the wires in the sheathing/Insulation sticking out. All the wires ARE connected. 
I remember that the last time i was connected, i was Logging, and i forgot to stop Logging, and forgot to Disconnect from the ECU. I just turned my car off w/o clicking the Stop or Disconnect functions. Would that have done anything?
When i plug the USB into my LapTop, and press 'connect to ecu'  it says that it isnt connected, and to check the connection.

Does anyone have any advice? 

So i figured it out finally. I tried Uninstalling PC Link, then Re-Installing it several Times, but it didn't work.
What i ended up having to do is, not only Uninstall the PC Link application, but i also had to Uninstall the Drivers, and then Re-Install everything. For some reason, when i turned my Car off while Data Logging, it caused an Error, and wouldn't let me Connect again.  I hope this Helps anyone else who has this problem. 

• 1 year later...

Although this is an old post, but yes i am having the same exact issue in a G4+ extreme. 

Weldon, i tried uninstalling PC Link, but that did not solve the issue ! how do i Uninstall the Drivers ?? 

Note: its a G4+ GTRLink

Help appreciated. 

Thanks

Edited by Sam BCNR33