celica st185 gt4

david kemshell

hi i have a 1990 st185 with a fully tuned and forged engine, it has HKS272 cams, variable cam pulleys, 850cc injectors, big ar70 turbo, FMIC, walbro 255 pump, 4 bar map sensor, 85.6mm pistons, currently run on the standard distibutor but if can find out how to fit and wire it i have a coil pack system, i need help to set and any maps possible for a link plus g3 ecu please or any helpfull information as no one here in the uk deals with this ecu on this car :( thanks 

hi thanks for your reply, i have tried the uk dealers but with no luck and actually had one dealer tell me they wernt allowed to give me the required info as they would rather do the work themselves, really i am just after as much info to make sure i had done it all right and a usealbe map for what i have installed on my car so please if anyone can help then please do :)

if you have a suitable map for what i have installed then please send it to my email address [email protected] thanks 

Hi again David,

Here is the link for the G3 Linkplus manual. http://www.linkecu.com/support/documentation/g2-g3-engine-management-documentation/LinkPlusG3 

Currently it is likely that IGN 1 is used for your ignition system. You will need to wire Ignition 1, 2, 3, and 4 to the relevant coils through an ignitor. You will then need to go into your basemap, go to ignition setup and change ignition mode to Direct Spark.

You possibly have other outputs already wired up to ignition 2, 3 and 4, if you want to keep using whatever is currently wired to the outputs you will need to shift them to spare Aux, Ign or Inj outputs.

If your car is running well on the basemap you have already you will only need to make the above changes. I would recommend saving your base-map before making any changes.

Kind regards,

Scott.

Hi thanks for you reply, the problem is I don't even have a base map installed, as the Ecu was bought second hand and was on a mr2, now the company told me they had put it all back to standard but that's why I am asking for help to get a base map for my car so I can at least get it running as never had it running yet 

Hi David, 

Given that your engine is far from standard and your ECU is a G3 it is going to be unlikely that anyone is going to have a base-map that is suitable. You have a few options:

a) Try and convince one of the UK Link dealers to tune your G3. I really can-not understand their reluctance.

B) Read up and learn all about how the software works and what each function does and tune the engine yourself

c) Carry out a G3 to G4 firmware upgrade and then your ECU will be capable of running a G4 base-map and then have one of the Link tuners tune it, as in terms of tuning it would be no different to a G4.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi David, 

PCLink 4.9.3 comes with a base-map for the ST185. Most of the base-maps that come with PCLink are  for stock engines and only designed to help setup the engine. You could possibly use this base-map as a starting point. You can download PCLink 4.9.3 and check out the base-map. You would need to either change your inputs and outputs to suit the base-map, or change the base-map to suit your inputs and outputs.

Scott