Anti-Lag Question

Daniel Nicholls

I have an Lancer  Evo 5 Gravel Rally car. It is set up with an Air idle bypass solenoid valve that has been set up on the dyno.

I would like to run Cyclic Idle/Rotation idle. I know it doesn't need to be run as it is set up with the valve and that keeps it all cool. but I like the sound of the idle as it sounds more aggressive.

Would I need to set it up to run a group N style setup by cracking the throttle open or can I run the Cyclic idle with my set up?

If I can run with my set up, could someone help on how to set it up?

I have uploaded a pic of the antilag page and have just turned the Cyclic idle to 'always on' and they are the standard settings that came up.

cheers

Daniel

post-1321-143621564076_thumb.jpg

Previously Daniel Nicholls wrote:

I have an Lancer  Evo 5 Gravel Rally car. It is set up with an Air idle bypass solenoid valve that has been set up on the dyno.

I would like to run Cyclic Idle/Rotation idle. I know it doesn't need to be run as it is set up with the valve and that keeps it all cool. but I like the sound of the idle as it sounds more aggressive.

Would I need to set it up to run a group N style setup by cracking the throttle open or can I run the Cyclic idle with my set up?

If I can run with my set up, could someone help on how to set it up?

I have uploaded a pic of the antilag page and have just turned the Cyclic idle to 'always on' and they are the standard settings that came up.

cheers

Daniel

Is your car a cable throttle car or an E-throttle car?

You might get some cyclic idle if you turn it on. The limiting might not be as much as for an application with the throttle held open. As it depends on how much air you are flowing as to how much cutting is required to keep the idle down when the retard is removed.