thinking of purchasing a lemg3 ecu for my subaru

rob white

I would like to know if my 2002 ej20 s.o.h.c. non turbo rx impreza motor fitted to my old l series wagon will run using your lemg3 ecu ? I would like to fit sequential gas injection as well as have petrol as a back up I have been told that my petrol injectors fire in pairs, the front 2 then the rear two? also uses a wasted spark system ? will the ecu take care of the higher octane lpg & can the ecu 'turn off' the wasted spark whilst in lpg mode ? & can it change from non sequential to sequential injection for the gas ? Vehicle is just a street car which will be used 95 % of the time on gas It also has an a.c. compressor fitted regards rob

Hmmm, I am not sure any ECU will directly do what you are asking.  First of all lets talk about sequential injection....  The LEM G3 does not do sequential injection as it has only two injector drives.  The LinkPlus G3 has sequential. As far as I am aware no ECU's allow you to switch between sets of injectors, but that could be acheived by switching their power supplies externally and using the same switch to switch dual maps inside the ECU.  Why do you want to turn off wasted spark in gas mode?  You still need spark!  Why not run the engine on LPG all the time?  With the injectors that are available now, you can run port injected LPG without petrol at all.  In fact one of our test engines is running on gas this way.  You will need to use the digital input for dual fuel maps which doesn't leave one for your a/c request.  I would definitely recommend using a LinkPLus G3.  At least then you can have full sequential injection, even on petrol.

Not sure if I have answered your questions, but if not, keep asking....

Ashley the gas fitter would like to know how is the best way to measure the impedance ? & the spike & operating voltage/amps ? the gas injectors I will be using are a prins injectors made in japan by keihin. Maybe you have specs already on these ? He is prepaired to send you an injector if need be ? Also may be able to recall a vehicle from the field that has already had these injectors fitted to measure ? But I hope we can sort this out quickly as I have the vehicle at the garage ready to start the installation as soon as we are sure this will work regards rob

I found this on the internet whilst researching the keihin injectors Specificaties : Mounting position Installed between fuel rail and intake manifold or retrofit configuration. Rubber noise insulation and filter installed at inlet of the injector. Mounting condition up to 127 m/s2 (15G), 50 to 400Hz Operating Temperature -35oC to 120oC. Storage Temperature -40oC to 120oC. Fuel Type LPG, CNG. Fuel Pressure up to 392 kPa (relative pressure). Operating voltage 6.3V tot 16V. Current, Normal operation 4.0A peak, 1.5A hold, 6.0A limit. Current, Cold start one shot og 8.0A peak. Coil Resistance 1.25 ± 0.06Ω @ 20ºC Coil Inductance 3.5 mH @ 20ºC Weight 118 gram Flowrange 32-93 c/stroke at 2,55 bar rel. and 24ms opening please advise if this of some help ? regards rob

Ashley I have found some more info on the ecu specs that control the gas injectors VSI ECU : Description : The VSI-ECU controls the VSI system. This includes: • measuring the engine signals, petrol-injectors, rpm, MAP, ECT etc. • controlling the LPG-solenoids. • controlling the LPG-injectors. • interrupt the petrol-injectors. • read fuel choice. • communication with the diagnosis program. • ECM injector driver capability up to 8 cylinders. • Injector drivers based on “closed loop peak & hold current controlâ€. • Injector diagnostics constant monitoring: - No load. - Overload - Driver temperature - Short circuit • Diagnostics, service and parameter load software operates from Windows 98, 2000 and XP applications. • CAN-controller (2.0b) communication possible with OEM CAN-bus. • Complete wiring harness: colour coded, with text and numbering to ensure simple and efficient installation. regards rob

OK, there is a small problem here.  The injectors are the same ones we have used in our test engine.  The engine runs amazingly and starts perfectly.  However, in order to run these injectors a peak and hold driver circuit is required.  Our ECU currently does not support this type of injector drive.  We have developed and tested a very good P&H system but it will not be available in time for your project.  It is a let down for me to say that our ECU is currently not suitable for your project.  We will be able to provide a good solution in the future and would like to get more involved in gas injection...

Ashley how long before you will have a computer that will do what I need ? what is the next best option ? Will I have to use the prins computer as well ? It looks like I will only need a basic computer from you which can be piggy backed with the prins ecu ? What model would that be ? regards rob