linkplus v10 isc help

vincent chin

Wire the ISCO and ISCC pins of the ECU main header to your Subaru ISC valve.  Then select solenoid as the ISC type in software.  Dont worry about the stepper board...  If a stepper board was fitted, it suggests that this ECU was not designed for a Subaru (unless it was a V5-6 WRX/STi)... does it have a Subaru triggering sub board fitted?

The link plus I have is from a 2000 impreza RS with a turbo kit. The link plus ECU has this sticker on it "ej20/ej25 LPV10 200303" The manual says to connect the orange/green and orange/blue wires to the ISC, but the header does not have a orange/green or orange/blue wire. I do have 4 grey wires that went to the stepper isc: grey, grey/black, grey/blue, and grey/white.

• 4 weeks later...

Thankyou for the previous advise, I was able to hook up the ISC solenoid. I finished the wiring and did the setup with my laptop. The engine does not want to fire up. I can hear it backfiring into the intake and in the exhaust. I double checked all my wires and had a friend trace my wires and it all seems correct. The Link plus was previously installed on a Subaru 2000 RS 2.5 with a turbo kit. The car I am installing it into is a 1997 subaru with a EJ20g. I am using sequential injection with 660cc 12ohm injectors (the link is tuned for 440cc injectors) . I am using a multi coil setup with 2002 wrx ej20 Coil Over Plug, I am not sure of the dwell time on these coils but I currently have them set to 5.5ms. I have the firing config set up as follows. IGN 1 = cylinder 3, IGN 2 = cylinder 2. IGN 3 = cylinder 4, IGN 4 = cylinder 1. This reflects the 3241 subaru firing order with the sync between 1 and 3. My TPS is set up correctly, Trigger one is subaru crank sensor, trigger 2 is subaru cam sensor. Innovative LSC1 Lambda sensor as an analog output. Knock, temp, fuel pump... they are all correct. All my sensors are getting power, all my grounds are good. I am pretty sure the link is wired in correctly, it maybe the settings that maybe incorrect. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Vincent

I doubled checked my injector wiring again and they are wired exactly as my ignition. Here are some things Im not sure about I have the firing order as follows 3 2 4 1 Is this the correct for subarus? I have the crank sensor wired to trigger one and the cam sensor wired to trigger two is this correct? Is the subaru crank and cam angle sensprs compatible with the link plus? The link plus I have is for a 99 wrx The engine in my car is a ej20g with 660cc injectors The previous owner has a map for a 2000 rs with a turbo kit Do you think the map is causing the engine to not start? Where can I get a base map for a version 5 wrx? The engine does not start, it misfires and has all the symptoms of incorrect timing. I checked the timing belt and it is correct I check injector and ignition wiring and they are correctly wired what can it be?

Firstly, wiring the injectors round the wrong way will not stop the engine from running.  Wiring the coils incorrectly will.  Coils should be wired:  Ign1-Cyl3, Ign2-Cyl2, Ign3-Cyl4, Ign4-Cyl1.  Have you wired your crank angle sensors with the correct polarity?  That can cause huge problems on Subaru engines.  Also make sure the sensors are both grounded back at the ECU.  As for maps, the wrong map will not stop your engine running unless there are some wrong settings which you will need to adjust.  Also, DO NOT just use somebody elses map.  Get your engine professionally tuned as their map will not be correct for your engine.  Of course, you can;t get it tuned until it goes!  Please get the numbers and any text you can find on the ECU's circuit board and sub-boards and I will check that it is the right setup for your engine.  It is a four coil pack engine correct?