Ignitor for 2JZ-GTE in wasted spark mode

melvindass

Hi ,

Im currently running stock coils(COP) on my 2JZ-GTE with the standard Ignitor. My setup is using the Link G4 plugin which runs the ignition in wasted spark. Currently am unable to run boost above 18psi due to ignition breakup. The coils are new. The limit for dwell time for the stock ignitor is 2ms. Please advice what would be a good setup for an aftermarket dumb ignitor which will be able to handle at least 3ms dwell. I 

Should I run the Bosch 0 227 100 209 (2 units of 3 channel) or should I just go for a Haltech HPI6. Alternately can I run 2 units of stock 2JZ-GTE ignitor using 3 channels from each ignitor ? The stock ignitor is heating up due to wasted spark mode firing 2 channels at a time.

Appreciate any advice to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Melvin

Hi Simon,

Ive managed to get 2 units of Bosch 3 channel Igniter with connectors,pigtails and heatsinks. The P/N is 0 227 100 203. Its a 7 pin Igniter. Appreciate some advice on the wiring diagram to hook this up into my 2JZ-GTE engine loom.

Thanks,

Melvin