link plus ecu+3sgte adaptor loom+serial link+sensor

steve whale

hi, i recently bought the above as a secondhand unit,link hold their prices you know, anyway, i would appreciate anyones help with a couple of questions i have. The unit will be fitted to my mr2 rev 2 turbo,with 3sgte engine. I am pretty sure that this is an early unit,it has what appears to be a date on the side which reads 02/08/02,it consists of the main ecu,white box green/white label, a second box with "link 3sgte-mr2 adaptor loom" written on it,a serial link box and ribbon,and a sensor which i assume is an ait sensor(two wires one yellow,and one black,yellow goes to green yellow,black goes to black) Their is also a vacume port on the main ecu. Will this ecu enable me to remove the air flow meter? if so do i then leave the afm wiring plug disconnected? The guy i brought this from had sard 850 cc injectors fitted,and the ecu was mapped for his car, on comparison his and my cars are very similar except that mine has 800cc venom injectors, will my car overfuel and/or run very rich,or does the link have a safe base map that will enable me to roll to the tuners,if so does the base map auto cut in or do i manually (how?)set it. Lastly do i need a map sensor? if so does it have to be a link one? many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

OK, so your ECU is a LinkPlus (G1) running V10b software.  It is fitted with a 3SG trigger decoding sub-board.  As far as injector sizing goes, your engine may run a little lean (smaller numbers to allow for the bigger injectors).  There a re a number of other factors including fuel pressure that will affect how rich/lean your engine is.  I suggest getting it to a tuner, then plug the ECU in...

You can leave the AFM or remove it if you want, the ECU doesn't care.  You need to run a vacuum hose to the ECU's on board map sensor.  If you want to run more than 22psi boost then an external map sensor will be required...

hi ashley, many thanks for your prompt and in depth help. hopefully i have fuelling sorted out with an adjustable dial indicator type fpr, dual feed,overbored fuel rail and a walbro 255lph pump. i will follow your advice and get it to the tuners to get it all set up. great to know the unit has an inbuilt map sensor, many thanks once again, regards steve.