Link PLus ECU Serial Interface settings

Richard W.

Is there a document that outlines the serial interface and protocol output format for the older Link PLus ECUs? I'm working on a V2.0 .net app that logs the LM1 output and the Link Plus output together. I've tried to log both together, but it's hard to sync them up due to different sample rates. Innovative fortunately has a doc details the settings and protocol.

Details on serial comms protocols for all ECU's are kept confidential.  This is a decision made by management years ago.  Innovate has a fixed sample rate around 12 and a bit Hz.  I will let you in on a little secret however.  The sample rate of the LinkPlus depends on how often you request the data stream.  There is an upper limitation of about 20Hz on this.  As far as synchronisation goes, this should not be an issue if you are properly time stamping samples as the arrive from both sources...  Sorry I can tgive out more information.

Ok, got ya on the data stream request. Thanks. I can get the initial time stamps to sync so I have an equal starting point for both logs, but the Link appears to be writing a line to the log every .08 - .09 seconds. The LM1 writes to the log every .082 seconds. I can export to excel and line everything up, but after a few minutes the logs are out of sync by 10+ seconds. The LM1 and LINK don't have configurable sample rates, so it looks like I'll have to do mathematical averages for the gaps in time between the logs. That's unless I'm missing something...

You will have to time stamp each line of samples from each device at the PC when it is saved.  This will mean you will probably have to record two seperate log files and when you display them you will order the samples by time and plot them at the time they occurred.  The ECU will not send periodically unless you are requersting periodically, even then it will only send when it has time.  So timestamping at the PC will be required...