PossumLink V5 MY99-00 Question

STi V5

The upgrade is up to you.  I would recommend using it and then deciding if the idle is inadequate.  For a price contact a Link Dealer.  Some of our dealers can do the upgrade while others will return it to NZ.  PCLink V2.5 is the correct version for this ECU.

Hmmm, nobody in Sydney with the equipment to do the chip replacement.  I would recommend talking to AVO Turboworld in Melbourne.  We can send them the chip and they will fit it.  That will save the cost  and time of sending the ECU back to NZ.  As far as I know there is an option in the ECU to select 3 bar map sensor (contact [email protected] for more info - no reply til tuesday due to public holiday).  The  calibration is for a GM Map sensor.  AVO will be able to help you with this also. 

• 4 months later...

Hi Ashley, i have had the ECU installed and dyno tuned and seems to idle correctly most times, but then the cars idle will start to fall and rise between 450 and 950rpm and some times even stall(very annoying at trafic lights) i then tap the throttle a few times and it seems to sort its self out most times. Could these Idle issues be because of that Idle Hunt problem that was fixed in R version of firmware? or should i be getting my tuner to look at other area's in the tune to adjust this idle issue?

Version R has the option to reset the idles stepper motors position at key on, or just leave it where it was at key off.  It is acknowledged that those ECU's have a poor idle speed control system.  Some tuning and careful setup can get idle to be more stable, but it will never be perfect.  Your engine should never stall.  The throttle plate should be cracked open enough that even when the idle stepper motor is completely closed the engine will still idle at about 500 RPM.  If the throttle is open enough for that, the problem may be the tune in the low RPM/Load areas causing the engine to stall at low speeds.

Well, idle control can depend on alot of parameters that vary.  For example if your intake temperature is getting high due to heat soak, idle control will operate differently than when intake temp is cold.  In this case you will have to try to tune your idle speed control and low load/RPM zones to get the best idle under all conditions...  Hunting usually occurrs when the mixture goes lean/rich/lean or timing is changing up and down.  Maybe the jumps between the zone numbers are too large.  Note that when idle speed falls low, the closed loop system will try to bump it back up, then it will overshoot and try to decrease it, making the hunting worse...