4D Ignition table

James Wingfield

I've tried activating 4D ignition on my G3 LEM but the table doesn't update in PC Link. The options appear to set the table parameters (axis, start point, increments) but nothing changes on the table to suggest that it's working. all I get is Engine Speed accross the top in 500 rpm bands, starting at 0 which doesn't seem to change, and there is no title or header information on the Y-axis.

Is this a known bug and is there any fix as yet, or have I missed something?

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for the screenshots. That is really strange, on earlier firmware this could indeed be a problem, but on firmware 1.9.2 this should be fine. I'm sure you have done this, but just to confirm, if you connect your ECU to PCLink, click Help > ECU Information, does the ECU firmware version say 1.9.2?

PCLink 3.40 is the last version of PCLink for the G3, and Firmware 1.9.2 is the last firmware. Here is a link for the firmware:

http://www.linkecu.com/support/downloads/ecu-firmware-updates/FirmwareV1_9_2

Let me know how that goes,

Cheers,

Scott.

Hi James,

I loaded your basemap into an LEM G3 this morning, and was able to replicate your fault. I believe what is happening is that the labels for the y-axis are not updating off the drop down menu. This a is a bug, and not one I have seen before. The actual axis are changing even though the label is not. For example, if you set y axis to TPS, and Y-increments to 10, the whole y axis spans, however is Y-increments are set to 20, only half the y a xis is spanned.

Unfortunately as the G3 product is now older there will not be any more firmware updates produced for it, so this bug is not likely to be ever fixed. 

Your options would be to use the ECU as is (no labels on the y axis), or do a G4 upgrade on your G3.

Regards,

Scott.

That’s disappointing. I was hoping there would be a fix to this so I could use the full functionality.

Sorry, I don’t fully understand your reply. Do you think that the whole table is working, it just doesn’t display an axis title or any breakpoints?

For instance if I leave the x-axis as it is and set the y-axis to TPS & 10% increments then the table will be fine?

What would the cells reflect if I then set the TPS increments to 2%

Sorry for the detailed request but I unfortunately suffered an turbo failure yesterday so cannot try this myself until I get a replacement.

Also, if I were to look for a G4 upgrade is there any way to do this other than buying a completely new ECU and then trying to sell on my G3? In other words do you offer a “trade-in†service or similar?

Thanks,

James

Hi again James,

Sorry to hear of your turbo failure!

The 4D ignition table is working, just the labels are not. If you set the y axis to TPS, and used 10% increments, the whole table would be used. If you set the increments to 20%, only the top half of the table would be used. For any number less than 10% the table is not large enough, and so is not usable.

So 10% increments would be the best to use.

The G4 upgrade for the G3 LEM is a software upgrade. You would gain the benefits of the new G4 firmware and features. It involves entering an unlocking code and then loading G4 firmware into your G3 hardware. The settings from your G3 base-map then need to be copied over manually into the new G4 base-map. I can send you an information document on the process if you want to email me [email protected].

If you were wanting to expand the number of inputs and outputs on your ECU, an actual G4 ECU would be the way to go.

Regards,

Scott.