Re: AIM Dash Setup with Vipec

Guest |141|

On the Vipec the CAN configuration is fully user configurable.

If you search the help file for User CAN Setup it will give you a full run down on how to do this.

The receiving device will however also need to be able to be configured to match the information being sent.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi Simon,

I agree with you fully......." The receiving device will however also need to be able to be configured to match the information being sent." That's what i am hoping AIM is working on?????? Do you know Ron at AIM Australia???? Could or would it be alright if i sent this info in this forum to him for some help and rectification on this matter, or do you already know what's in the pipeline???

you wouldn't believe it, I just emailed AIM about this and thought i'll have a quick look on there web sit!!!!!

sure as hell they have just updated there Race Studio 2 and it allows for all data like the serial connection .... as far as i can tell. now we have 3 options for AIM to ViPec connection in the AIM software, serial and 2 CAN set-ups. CAN_FULL and CAN_BASE.

With the CAN bus on the ViPec, is there going to be a manual for adding and setting up other CAN inputs or are we going to input them via a separate input on the ECU, like the way AIM have it.

CAN sensor inputs are via a dedicated CAN powered sensor input, and CAN comms to a dash is via a separate CAN comms input/output???

Any HELP??????

this set-up is getting more and more awesome as the days go by and not braking the bank.!!!!!

Thank ViPec, Simon and AIM.

Over time we will add more input options for sensors. They can be wired to the CAN bus (sme one between ECU and dash). The sensors values will be available to anything on the CAN bus. At the moment the only receive option is the MoTeC E888 device. More will be added as people ask for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear All,

i have one question for you.

i use the last software for vipec , serial number : 3084

Today i just connect my dashboard Aim pista to my Vi-Pec v44.

But i read no value on the dashboard, exemple: ECT i have nothink value

Do you have some idea?

thank you for the help.

regards

Are you connecting through serial?

If so make sure the buad rate is changed to the correct setting. Later firmware will set this to highest setting and this is often too high for displays.

Should be

Aim Dash - Off or Requested - Short. 19200 Baud.

• 2 weeks later...

The data from the ECU to the AIM via CAN does not match up and on some channels is incorrect. ie. i have both programs open, which i can now do with the CAN network. but the reading from the ViPec to the AIM could be approx 20 psi or Deg out. Is it possible to custom choose the inputs to the AIM and the outputs from the ViPec, and have them match up???!!!! The main things that i want to go to the AIM from the ViPec is the AN 1- 11 outputs. some of these are, the ETC, Intake temp, eng oil temp, eng oil press, amb temp, GBox temp and Accusump oil press, etc.

Also is there a way to record the fuel used via and output to an Dig input. This way i could record the amount of fuel used as my tank does not have a sender unit. I have looked up after market sender units from the UK, but $800+ is a lot for a 90mm capacitor sender unit........ Unless some one here knows of another supplier in OZ or another way of doing it????? I thought that recording the output of and AN channel that sends a pulse every .1 or .5 ltr used and that way i can work out how much is left in the tank at the end of a session of two. I know my old SM2 could do this, it's just that i had to send it to something that could record/ count how many pulses were sent. then count the pulses and "presto" 8.5 ltrs of fuel used???? Example only!!!! i thought a Dig input could be the counter?????

Any idea chaps????

Cheers

you can do fuel calculation using math channels on AIM, example:

full session:

integ(__INJECTOR_CC_MIN__*__CYLINDERS__*0.01*ECU_INJ_DC/1000)/60

one lap:

lap_integ(__INJECTOR_CC_MIN__*__CYLINDERS__*0.01*ECU_INJ_DC/1000)/60

where "__INJECTOR_CC_MIN__" put injectors cc/min for example mine is 844cc/min

where "__CYLINDERS__" put how much injectors you have on the engine.. 4,5,6 or whatever..

so then you will see:

Capture.PNG

Hi all

i start to setting my AIM dash Pista

In measure value to the dash, i put VP_GPPRESS_AN1 ( is my wideband on the vipec LC1 innovate)

but when i read value on the dash , i read 2.22 on dash and when i check on vts software i read 22.2

it is possible to have the same value? how to do?

thank you in advance

regards

Thanks for the info on the fuel used question. For me It would be 4cyl engine. 1000cc injectors, about 60+ DC (up and down) and put all this into a math channel on Race Studio2 and it should calculate the total fuel used??????? / lap or / session... ???? I'll try it when i get a chance.

Next question, has the new update fixed the CAN comms between AIM and ViPec???? Any one tested it???? I have rewired it to serial connection because i needed it to work and be reliable.

cheers

You just need to adjust the resolution of that sensor in AIMSports RaceStudio, open up Device Configuration, select the MXL, select your config, go to the Channels tab and look for that sensor and adjust the resolution value to the next one, ie... if its 0.001 change it to 0.01

Hi all

i start to setting my AIM dash Pista

In measure value to the dash, i put VP_GPPRESS_AN1 ( is my wideband on the vipec LC1 innovate)

but when i read value on the dash , i read 2.22 on dash and when i check on vts software i read 22.2

it is possible to have the same value? how to do?

thank you in advance

regards

• 1 month later...
do you think possible to send the value of % of ethanol from ecu vi-pec v44 to aim dash board?

regards

I think at the moment no because AIM has no math channels on the dash. It would be possible only to see on the logs when you will make you math to convert ANVolt input to %

• 4 months later...

I am looking at getting the AIM dash.

My car is an older STi (MY00), so without ODBD input.

I have done some research and have a specific Vi-PEC question and want to know if they know if the Vi-PEC "Vii-PEC to Aim Dash" adaptor cable is still required for the latest Aim Dash software.

The ViPec site lists the part, without any reference to the version of Aim software that it connects to.

ref http://www.vi-pec.com/original-pages-no ... shadaptors

However the Aim Dash site documentation states that "users just need to install harness between the logger and the ECU", and "IMPORTANT: using the latest "VIPEC Manager" software NO ADAPTER IS NEEDED to connect Vi-PEX V88 to an AIM logger".

ref

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http ... 00_eng.pdf

The above information appears contradictory, and my reading is that that is a near plug'n'play using the Aim cables is all that is required, and that the Vi-PEC adaptor is now redundant.

Help appreciated.

Brian

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a question regarding the functionality of the AIM dash in general (but more directly, the MXG) with the V88 vipec over an RS232 connection. 

My AEM UEGO wideband O2 sensor is also plumbed into my Vipec, so I can see this information on the ECU software and log it, but my question is as to whether my AFRs would also be able to be displayed on an Aim dash over the RS232 connection? I do realize that there is a CAN setup on the Vipec also, but mine is not active, and sending it back to NZ for activation is cost-prohibitive.

The answer on this is maybe. The ECU's 'Short' RS232 datatream contains the ECUs Analog Volt channels. One of these channels will be carrying the data for the AEM Wideband sensor. See VTS Help > Technical Terms and Reference > Communications > Short Datastream for more info.

The Aim document for the V44 and V88 shows that they accept the An Volt channels as a 'Generic Sensor channel'. I don't know if this means you can access the data or not. You may have to try it out.

http://www.aim-sportline.com/download/ecu/racing/Vipec_V44_V88_101_eng.pdf

Scott

The answer on this is maybe. The ECU's 'Short' RS232 datatream contains the ECUs Analog Volt channels. One of these channels will be carrying the data for the AEM Wideband sensor. See VTS Help > Technical Terms and Reference > Communications > Short Datastream for more info.

The Aim document for the V44 and V88 shows that they accept the An Volt channels as a 'Generic Sensor channel'. I don't know if this means you can access the data or not. You may have to try it out.

http://www.aim-sportline.com/download/ecu/racing/Vipec_V44_V88_101_eng.pdf

Scott

Thanks for the response Scott, I'm greatly appreciative.

Would it be correct to conclude then that if the volt channel is being delivered to the MXG as a "generic sensor channel", one could basically rename the voltage stream (I know the software allows you to 'create' sensors in this manner), and input certain voltages that correspond to certain AFRs, as given by AEM for their sensor, and thus, have AFR's show up on the dash?

Hi,

I'm uncertain if you will receive the analog voltage or the actual AFR value. The short datastream info says that the dash could request the unit type from the ECU, however I don't know if it does this. Regardless, it sounds like the dash can be configured even if it is the voltage that arrives.

Scott

• 1 year later...