Guest |141|

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Hi Ben, I will PM you some instructions.  

Edit - added later:  Note you can also connect the dash via serial and it will work without the CAN mod, this is just a bit painful though as you cant have the laptop and dash connected at the same time - you have to unplug the dash when you want to tune.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, im having the same issues.

ECU - Vi-pec V44 plug in for skyline serial 11101

Dash - link mxg strada street edition.

Im having issues with the communication between the two of them currently. i have gotten the dash to display a couple of things from the ecu, water temp is showing 280 degree but it couldnt be much above 30degree (C)  and rpm is stagnant at 2k on the dash regardless of engine speed. 

attached is the dash config file and a screen shot of the setup vipec side. any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated!!

IMG20210426205453.jpg

MXG 1.2 Strada link .zconfig

Try just 1 channel at a time and get that working then try all channels. I.e just do one of the water temps and see what the value is. From memory the v44 has a temp offset of -50 so any value in the CAN packet is offset by 50deg. Can you do “math channels” on your dash to -50 from the value ?

15 hours ago, BrettS1532 said:

Hey all, im having the same issues.

ECU - Vi-pec V44 plug in for skyline serial 11101

Dash - link mxg strada street edition.

Im having issues with the communication between the two of them currently. i have gotten the dash to display a couple of things from the ecu, water temp is showing 280 degree but it couldnt be much above 30degree (C)  and rpm is stagnant at 2k on the dash regardless of engine speed. 

attached is the dash config file and a screen shot of the setup vipec side. any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated!!

IMG20210426205453.jpg

MXG 1.2 Strada link .zconfig 609 kB · 0 downloads

That set up in the ecu doesnt look like the generic dash stream.  Highlight channel 1 again and click load, then choose the generic dash.lcc file.  It should look something like below when correct.

4cd4PoD.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 7:37 AM, Adamw said:

Hi Ben, I will PM you some instructions.  

Edit - added later:  Note you can also connect the dash via serial and it will work without the CAN mod, this is just a bit painful though as you cant have the laptop and dash connected at the same time - you have to unplug the dash when you want to tune.

Hello! Any chance you could forward those instructions as well? I just found out today mine is not CAN friendly when I went to plug in the dash...

Thanks

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

I have PM'd you info.

Got it! I just modified the ECU as per the instructions, but I'm having problems displaying anything on my dash. It's not an AIM, so I will open another thread.

• 10 months later...
22 hours ago, Adamw said:

Are they wire-in silver boxes?

Mm, not really sure what you mean by wire-in, but yes Silver boxes. One has #8302 and the other one is #40xx. From what I can find out there has to be done an upgrade to use Can for an easy connection to AIM mxl dash? I have a guy that does circuitboard soldering. I live in Norway, so dont want to send around the world if I dont have to. 

Edited by Kristian Egeland