08+ STi Dual AVCS

warmup

Hi, I'm looking for a decent ECU for my EDM 2008 STi, it has a 2.5L engine with Dual AVCS(don't know if I should call it Quad AVCS). I've done some research on PC Link software, i've read basemap of STi V10, looks like it controls only Intake AVCS but no Exhaust AVCS. So my problem is can G4 Plug-in for STi V10 control all intake and exhaust AVCS? If does, is it still a plug and play application? because looks like it has no more output for exhaust AVCS. (in the basemap, Aux output 1,2 are for intake avcs and 3,4 are for tachometer and fuel pump).

post-5252-143621566176_thumb.png

Hi Warmup.

It can control up to 4 individually and infinately variable cams without issue.  The V10 base map you looked at was from our company car which only has inlet, hence it showing only 1per side (from memory). 

The plug in to suit a V10 WRX and STi's and the like are currently an Xtreme with an adapter, kind of like the G3 with adapter for a lot of the Nissan applications a while ago.  WRX V1 through V9 we have native plug in units for.

Download the manual here :

http://www.linkecu.com/support/documentation/g4-engine-management-documentation/SubaruV10

This way you can check off the pin out of yours to see if either of the adapters will fit.  Bear in mind what you call a V10, I think is a little different here.  With the 2008, for us it could either be a V10, or V11 which we don't currently have a solution for.

If it is a hatch back, then it's most likely a V11 to us, but if it is the sedan shape then you may be in luck with our plug in... That's what NZ calls the V10.

Jurgen

Hi Jurgen, Thank you for the input. Yes, I have a hatchback STi, looks like it is a V11 you mentioned. But strangely the plugs are exactly the same with V10. Maybe only pin definitions are different, that's why i was misleaded. Thank you anyway, I'll wait and see if link will make new solution for V11 STi.

• 7 months later...

Hi Dennis

We are still pushing towards a release for this application but it is requiring a substantial amount of development.

There is every chance we are still over 6 months away.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Any Updates ?

You have begin for the Version 11 Ecu dual AVCS for Impreza?

I like Link engine ecu and I Hope that one day I will use

At this moment I see  Only Pectel have this plug in ecu ......But I prefer Link if it is possible

Regards

• 4 months later...

A time frame is totally unknown on this. It might not ever be done as it has not made it to the stage of being assessed as a viable project.

If this project is finished there will be an announcement.

• 3 years later...

hi we are working on a V10 STI (sedan) witht the above mentioned EJ257 engine, quad AVCS and electronic throttle and tumble valves, what wire-in is usable for this setup, will the xtreme black work with all these systems? how about the key and ignition system? do we need to do modifications on that?

Edited by ST-Autosport
forgot something

The engine control is good on the Fury, Xtreme or thunder ECUs the issue is the cars use CAN to communicate to the Dash and other devices around the car (diff controllers etc) we have not reverse engineered the CAN at this point.

There is every chance this will also include the key and ignition systems.

We don't really have a suitable offering.