G3 Installed on supra TT

Ryan Griffiths

If you run a LinkPlus G3 you will not have to run wasted spark, you will also be able to run sequential injection and motorsport features...  I have some supra wiring information, but there are no plug and play options.  What is the model/year?

What is so special about the supra engine?  We have had many people use our ECU's on supra engines!  The only thing that sometimes happens is that some factory igniters have a built in RPM limit and need to be replaced (if you want to go above the factory RPM limit).  The cheaper option is the LEM G3 that will be group fire injection and wasted spark.  The better option is the LinkPlus G3 that will do direct spark, sequential injection and much more.  They both have a pretty impressive tuning feature set.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2jzgte is a 6cyl car. 6 individual coils through a 'smart' ignitor, and 6 injectors obviously. Crank trigger is a 12tooth (24tooth for 2 crank revs) reluctor sensor, and cam sensor has 1 tooth for TDC. The link ECU should be able to run this no problem correct? I'm also thinking of using a Link ECU in a USDM 94 TT Supra. Are there any sample datalogs so I could evaluate the datalogging software?

Ohhh, OK, the LinkPlus G3 would be a pretty good choice for the job.  Currently data logging is as per PCLink.  PCLink can record while the engine is running/driving and will play back all parameters at a later date as if the engine is running...  There is a planned major upgrade for data logging, including on board datalogging for G3 ECU's in the future.  This will be available as a free upgrade when it is ready.

Ashley- thanks for the reply. Datalogging/analysis is very important to me so I will wait until the upgrade in datalogging is released. Currently I have an AEM ECU on the car, but I would like to get rid of it due to having to run wastefire and needing an external ign amp (HKS DLI). The cars' ignition in 100% stock form can fire over 1000whp, but due to having to run in wastefire an external ign amp is needed just to run over 15psi or 500whp! The AEM has fantastic datalogging, so I don't want to take a step backwards in that area. However, the LinkPlus G3 seems to have just about every feature I would want in the ECU itself! Also the hw/sw of the AEM is sometimes buggy which is another reason I would like to make the switch-- looking forward to making the switch once one day.