Map Sensor Max Out HELP

ken1436215443

I just wired in my AEM 5 bar map sensor and the signal wire get 5 volt at all time when (plug into map sensor). But if i (unplug) it from the sensor then the signal wire doesnt not have any power like it suppose to. This is a Know good map sensor. I Check all of the wiring and it is correct. signal wire goes to an volt 1 ground goes to ecu sensor ground and 5 volt goes to 5 volt from ecu header. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Have you checked the voltage on AN Volt1 with a multimeter or are you looking at the runtime values in PCLink?

If just looking at the runtime values it is possible that either the AN V1 high or low fault levels has been tripped. Do you have any fault codes present in the ECU related to AN V1?

If the wiring is all correct and you are measuring 5 volts on AN Volt 1 when you plug the MAP sensor in it is likely the MAP sensor is faulty.

Cheers,

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

okay so the plug didnt fix the problem ! it was working fine now it f up again. same problem idle it read 555 kPa .some how signal wire AN volt 1 is getting 5 volt only when i plug the pig tail onto the sensor. im going to make a new separate harness just for the map and see if that fix the problem ...  could it be software related?

Not likely to be a software issue.

It could be hardware but this can be proved by measuring the voltage at the input to the ECU. If this is at 5V then its a wiring issue. If it is correct but ECU is reading incorrect then it is either set up or an internal hardware issue.

Make sure your error settings are outside of the normal operating range of the sensor.

With sensor plugged in so it is powered. You measure the voltage between sensor ground and the signal wire. If this is at 5V with sensor plugged in the ECU will be seeing 5Vs and show a fault.

With sensor unplugged you should have no voltage between ground and signal wire.

If this is the case the sensor is faulty or wiring of the sensor is incorrect.