an actual afr table

Lawrence martin

hi i am trying to tune on my own on the street which is quite difficult but possible, i am used to the datalogit of the power fc which gave you a 20x20 table the same as the fuel table which the afrs from the wideband were input to, i found this really easy to get a smoother map as you could tell which were the torublesome cells straight away also it had a "ghost" function which would highlight the boxes used in colour then you would press f5 and it would erase it and it would start again automatically, the links trail it seems very hard to use you have to manually record then play back whats happend and the little asterix are hard to see, at least coloured boxes would be easier!

You can set up a XY Plot to generate mixture information.  Use RPM on the X axis, your fuel table load axis (eg MGP) for the Y axis and AFR as the color channel.  That will help you analyse the data log for mixture consistency.

The next release of PCLink will have a "snake" trail on the tables, more markers for noting cells as tuned or part tuned, a common set of markers between tables and log files and also a ghost box to show where on the table you are when navigating through the log file.

Our ViPEC products have a mixture map feature that allows statistical analysis of the log, and presents an "actual afr" table sorted into the same cells as the fuel table.  Then, calculated automated tuning adjustments can be made to correct the fuel table numbers with a single click.

Agreed, the Vipec's mixture map feature would be very handy in the Link.  The only reason I still use Logworks is to capture the AFR logs in a table format that will approximate with the Link's fuel cells, and provide all the relevant statistical information.  Having this incorporated into the Link logging functions, with a direct correlation between the logged AFR cells and the fuel cells, would be a great addition to the Link logging functions.

• 3 weeks later...