The Link Wish List

ashesman

how about adding some more names for the auxillary outputs so that you dont have to kepp looking up which output you have wired to what. No need to change the function, just the same as GP output, but in the scroll down list maybe add, VVT, Shift light, or maybe user defined name where you can give it a name yourself.

Data-logging and PCLink are undergoing a bit of loving, so hopefully that will be sorted in the near future.

We have thought about naming auxiliary channels and DI's.  But there is something fundamental in the way that PCLink works that currently prevents it.  PCLink guys are working on it...  Thanks for your thoughts...

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to chime in here Ashley after working with PCLink for a few weeks now. Overall its a pretty good UI and functionality is great, keep up the good work. Mixed below are specific items I'd be keen to see, as well as some scenarios I'd like to better manage. Some of these are mentioned above by others, again great work, I'd be happy with the system even without these :) 1. Autotune. Yep I know its coming, just wanted to say good work on adding it! At the moment I'm using the aux fuel table to plug in my desired AFRs then having to switch back and forth between that and my fuel map after logging. Which brings me to... 2. Averaged AFR add in. Preferably with a cell hit count (either as another addon, a colour depth, or just change the 'trail' addon so that instead of * it shows "(28)" ie number of hits on that cell) 3. Ability to pull the 2nd and third tiers into their own windows (so you can alt-tab between them). On my small tuning PC (13" monitor) its a bit of a squash. Otherwise when I enter 6pt font it should be used for all labels/data. 4. 3d graph navigation. Maybe drop the left right scrollers and just make it a click drag to rotate in any direction, then maybe a ctrl-click drag to zoom. Also could you add real values to the 3d graph axis, i.e. 0rpm-8000rpm rather than 1-17 (not a big deal this one). 5. Playback. Firstly it could probably live up in the top nav bar rather than its own window (which kinda gets in the way on occasion). If you could add a timeline scroller to quickly scroll through my logs rather than play through the whole lot that would be great (in essence it would look a lot like an mp3 ui, a quick way to load/skip/play/step/record. If you can also add a volume to add kw that would be great too). Or at the very least an end timestamp. Also, can the zone maps and runtime graph be made to playback with the log (the way the gauges do?). Also a minor BUG report: When you're stepping through a log then click the pause, it doesn't resume playing. (you need to go to a new time and press play). Which brings me to something I don't think ANYONE offers, 6. Roadtuning functions. Not sure how to ask this, but in effect my fuel tables are rock solid now, but what I'd like is some kind of rudimentary feature to work out when my timing advance is past the point of adding power (rather than tuning to knock and backing off). If you could control load conditions (i.e. the same stretch of road), and then do one run, graph the time between cells, then make changes and do another run and compare the two, I'd imagine it would be feasible to see if an advance setting got you quicker to the next cell. See where I'm headed here? Is this a bit unrealistic or can you apply some of that kiwi ingenuity in this area? Maybe even a g-sensor addition? :) Again though, keep up the great work. Ben.

Yeah, I agree with everything you have said.  PCLink is in the middle of getting a full review.  We will be adding data-logging analysis features and giving it a new look/feel.  I will add your comments to the list...  Hmmm, the road tuning thing.  The first G3 prototype had a G sensor on board, but they are expensive and most people wouldn't use it so it just made the ECU more expensive unnecessarily.  There is probably not a lot that PCLink can do to help you determine gains, but data-logging analysis will sort that out for you.  There are a few options that people use like timing themselves over a distance and those little meters that tell you power figures, like the G-tech one.

Oh, and point 5, you should get full playback of the log with zone tables, runtime values and plots all moving, not just the gauges.  If you don't then there is something wrong with the setup or install of your PCLink....