Possible bugs with PCLink 3.40 (build 1)

Josh Colombo

I'm running the latest PCLink software, v 3.40 (build 1) with the latest firmware, V 1.9.2 on my LinkPlus G3. There are two oddities that occur. The first is that when I try and go to "displayed values" in options I get an error "List of index out of bounds (4)". I took a screen capture of the error: http://www.main.experiencetherave.com/subaru/images/linkinstall/pclinkerror.jpg The second issue I have is that when I work on a map offline, and then upload it to the ECU and store it, it changes the frequency of my ISC solenoid setup from 200 Hz to 20 Hz. It's done this on more then one occasion. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the PCLink software, or something else. If I work online with the ECU, I don't have this problem. Thanks Josh

Hi Joshua,

I'll look into that bug.

When you change the ISC Solenoid back to 200Hz, are you definitely pressing 'Enter' after the change, and then definitely storing the change? If so can you email you pcl file to [email protected] and we'll try putting it into a L+G3 and see if it does the same thing.

-Cameron

Thanks for the reply Cameron. Yes when I change the ISC Solenoid back to 200Hz, I am pressing enter, and I store the change. The problem only occurs if I make changes to the pcl file offline, and then upload the entire file to the ECU. For example, I made the upload, hit store, then tried to start the engine, the engine started, however the ISC valve was making a lot of noise. I then checked the ISC solenoid frequency, and it was set to 20 hz. I changed it to 200 hz, hit enter and store, and everything was fine. I have not tried to duplicate this a third time, as my car at the tuner currently. When I get it back, I'll verify the ISC Solenoid frequency got changed to 20 hz before starting the engine. I will email my latest pcl file to you. thanks Josh

Ok, now the plot thickens. I downgraded my ECU firmware to version 1.8.0. I used both versions 3.40 and 3.35 of PCLink and the frequency of the ISC Solenoid still changed from 200 Hz to 20 Hz. I'm stumped. Is there something odd with my ECU, or possibly how I've set things up in the aux outputs?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

Josh

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested to read about your problem Josh as my G3 does a similar thing only mine resets itself to 50 hz, not 20. I have reset it to 200 dozens of times. I press enter, store, etc and it will be okay for a while, then suddenly I'll find it's back to 50 again. Something I do must cause it to change but so far I haven't been able to identify the cause. I'd love to find a solution - does anyone have a clue? Allan Wylie