2000 Impreza w/LEM V5. Hickuping over 3100rpm...

Jay Olson

I have a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS turbo running a LEM V5. I had the MAP sensor replaced last year and the shop that did the work I believe changed the 'fuel cut' setting and the car hickup at 3100rpms and above when your off the throttle and when Im at interstate speeds at very light trottle (10% and less) and off throttle.The car lunges back and forth like its caughing or like it has the hickups. I have the software on my laptop but the cable I bought from radio shack wont connect to the LINK. Not sure if Im doing it wrong. Can someone please help me? I need to fix this before I sell it.

post-3148-143621562064_thumb.jpg

Jay, When connecting your useing the serialprt ,to connect I have the same radio shk cable also ,Some times I have to flip the key off/on real quick to get the link to respond ,Not sure why If there is a glitch in the cable software,But I have also experienced this issue,I actually pulled the ecu from the car & "bench tested "to be sure On the other issue the MAp sensors are a known issue with that MY subaru ,Are they Not Possibly seek one out in the salvage yard to rule this symptonm out.As far as the shop changing your parameters are they knolagable in the G1 platform?If so I would seek there help in this area,Or just rite out ask them if they did so guessing is rulled out GL J.LeBlanc

Jay, I forgot to ask ,But you did go into your connection window & system window's to make certin your connection com port's are correct? Also you are running the most recent version of PCLink Ver 2.5? not 3.29 ,4.3 etc....If you post up your exact engine & modifacations as well as a recent map & a log once you get connected you'll have much more help from the community, you might also try dobson dyno for assistance ,As well as postin up in the G1 section of the fourm.Most members are using the G4 platform ,the system we use is very old & outdated elecrtonics... GL Jay