miss firing

tom de malmanche

hi have a bit of a problem with my mazda bfmr.i have rewired in the v3 link in the car az it is running a bpd mazda gtr motor an now it is only running on 3 cylinders and wont start from cold.if i turn on the ignition and crank it over it fires but wont keep running.i have checked everything form the dizzy to the injectors but still no luck.have replaced the leads and also the coil pack.checkd the timing and all wiring to the link.any idears would be much apriciated.thanks

Have you swaped the dizzy from the BFMR engine over to the gtr motor?

The 1600 motors had a reluctor type pickup. The GTR/GTX 1800s ran an opto style pickup. The two are not interchangable unless you have the ECU reconfigured.

Simon

If you had trigger 1 and two swaped it might run on two cylinders the tell tail sign will be what the engine RPM reads on the remote. If its really low then it would be worth checking the triggers.

ALso be sure to check the earths from the ECU to the block and also the block to the body / chassis. If these are missing or a poor connection then all sorts of strange things can go on.

Simon

• 1 month later...

hey simon arrrrrrr after all that i got the car taken to andre simon at speedtech and he got it sorted witch waz all verry well and waz driving car round for few days and came to start it one morning and its gone back to doing the same thing again witch is verry strange az i did not change anything at all.im now verry confused az wat haz happend and can not think wat could of gone wrong. any insight to this would be a grate help.thanks agin

soundz like a wiring fault? do you have a hand controler that you can check engine temp also check the vacuum hose is connected correctly to the map sensor. if it was right for a few days it wont be a ecu fault it will be in the wiring or vacuum hose area.