Going from FI to NA

Jay Storm

Hello, I have a Link ECU model Subaru D42V4 and sub board SN 006668. It is my understanding that this ECU is currently mapped for a MY2000 US EJ25 turbo. The ECU came from a running car, so I have no reason to think anything might be wrong with it at the moment. In fact, I haven't wired it in to my car yet. I won't be running any form of power adder and would like to know if the current map will be sufficient to allow the car to drive until a proper map can be determined. My concern is the MAP sensor being setup to see boost and the fueling/timing tables may be such that my NA application will be far from optimal since the MAP will never see more than ambient air pressure. Any info is greatly appreciated. Jay Storm

It wont matter that the tables are set up to see positive pressure, it just means that you lose tuning resolution as ideally you should be using your entire table for negative pressure.  Whether the tune is correct is another story.  That depends on the numbers that are in there, injector sizes and heaps of other factors.  I think it would be safe to say that you shouldn't drive on it until it is properly tuned for your engine...

Thanks Ashley. Kinda what I figured. The more I read the manual, the more I can determine where the values will want to be. As long as I can make adjustments to smooth things out and get the car up onto the trailer, A day at the dyno would follow suit. Thanks again, Jay Storm