Wiring link amplifier on RB25de

Byron Gray

If you are using a G3link you have only got four ignition outputs which means you have to run a wasted spark setup and also i take it you have got the old type coils without built in ignitors. To do this you use ig1/ig2/ig3 from the link to the ignitor. And from ignitor run Chan 1 to coils 1/6. Chan 2 to coils 2/5. Chan3 to coils 3/4. channel feeds go to the center pin of coil

Hi there, Im going to be running Mitsi Evo coils in wasted spark with the ignitor. The Nissan ignitor seems to be completely different in the fact that it gets it signal from the loom however doesnt return it anywhere as the link wants to do. Thanks in advance for your help Cheers

If you have downloaded G3 tuneing sofware to your pc from the linkecu website click on file then click on open then on base map. There is a selection of nissan RB maps which you can pick from and store to your link these are a good starting point to get engine fired up. The nissan ignitor can be used the only diffrence between the factory ecu and the link is that the factory ecu has six IG outputs which feed to the ignitor on side with seven pins the seventh pin is 12volts then on the six pin side feed to the coils. When you connect a link G3 to a nissan ignitor there is only 3 IG ouputs to ignitior join 1/6 together then 2/5 together and 3/4 together before input to ignitor then run output (six pin side)from ignitor to coils as normal. Hope this kind of makes sence Cheers Mason

Hi Mason, http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type;=post&id;=161247 http://www.linkecu.com/support/dlandswupdates/TechInfo/WiringAndInstallation/I02 There is a picture of the Nissan factory ignitor and the link instructions. Do i effectively bridge the ignition wires so 1,6 2,5 & 3,4 are running off the three output wires from the link ignitor and merging into the 6 that goes into the nissan loom? Im likely to find tacho there also. Is there anything else i need to do? Thanks

One thing to watch when setting up wasted spark is that you have one coil per igniter channel. So if you are using 3 dual post coils then you need a 3 channel igniter. If using 6 coils then you will need 6 igniter channels(ie 2 3 channel igniters) with the inputs to the igniters paired. If you try to run two single post coils off one igniter channel you will get a very week spark.