connection problem

ben

Hi any one can help me solv this problem

i got a G4 extreme with a 4 cylinder turbo engine with coil on plugs AEM and with autronic CDI 500R (if you want more detials i can give)

yesterday i was on the dyno and when i start to connect the lap top to the ECU always tell me that the port com is not connected/

after checking alot of things i change the spark plugs (they was not with resitance) and solv the problem, start mapimg and everything worked perfectlly untill 5500rpm when i entre in the regin of 220, 240 kpa cell is like i got map limit and no alarm activation entre! and agian in that time the ecu lost connection with the lap top and the lap top will shut down automaticlly and restart agian, change connection cable, but still with the same problem

please anyone  can help if i am doing something wrong?? or what i have to check??

thanks beforehand

ben

Chances are you have some noise issues.

It will get worse the more load on the engine.

I assume you are running CDi on wasted spark?

Resistive plugs are a must. Leads will also need to be resistive.

Wiring layout will be critical also. Avoid trigger wires going near any of the HT.

We can supply a serial tuning cable which will help if you have a serial port on the laptop.

Dear SImon

thanks for your reply

what are the noise issues??

i am running a CDI with pencil type coils (Coil on plug) there is NO Leads for plugs

wiring is done perfect, trigger wires are spert from harness!

i can only have USB port on my laptop and yesit will get worse the more engine load

there is a shieded cable from usb to can bus??

Can you give me some more info about the engine make, trigger configuration.

Noise issues are high energy noise being radiated from the ignition system.

This can even be as simple as the coil breaking down and arcing out the side to the block.

This will then put alot of electrical noise out and can cause the ECU com problems.

Thanks Simon

the Engine is ford YB Cosworth 2.0ltr (everything modified)

removed distributor,new trigger wheel 36- 1, coil on plug AEM brand new, CDI Autronic

Crank trigger- Reluctor - level 3 -  36-1.

Cam trigger- Reluctor - level 3 - Cam Pulsel1x

i can try to change the coils (i got spare)

i got other problem on data loging when i press the botton start record alot of windows start came out one after one very fast!

thanks alot agian

Nice engine choice. Would love one of those for my own project. Try to lower the filter levels to level 1 on both triggers. This wont help the coms but might stop the RPM like limit. A firmware upgrade would likely stop the logging problem. Make sure you have the very latest before going too deep with tuning.

thanks with the information

i will try it later today and let you know!

if you send me your E-mail I will send you some photosof the project, if you like.

in New zealand is very popular this type of engine?? i talked a lot with Smith and Jones about the engine.

i am aming to make 1000hp till this problem came out, till 5500rpm the engine made 550whp and 570lbs tourqe

if i solve this problem i think i will get the 4 number ;)

i am very new with the mapping, I just finish my course of tuning on internet class

thanks agian

ben