Flat throttle shifting, car dies.. ?

Mike Cullingford

Hello, i'm trying to configure flat throttle shifting for my car. My clutch switch is on DI#6 and is operating correctly when viewed with 'runtime values' (digital tab). Just trying to test it, i set the activation rpm @ 3000, and TP% at 5. when i rev above 3000rpm and then tap the clutch (to trigger the switch), the engine slowly decelerates and then stalls. The car will not fire up again until i turn the key to off (or acc) then back to ON. It looks like something is permanently cutting the ignition. The type of cut is set to either timed or non timed, same result. I checked the help file, but it says only up to 4.6 . So that is no help. Does anyone have an updated help file? Or some advice? Cheers, Mike

Heya Jurgen, i called Simon back, i had fixed the problem. I ended up putting all the values to zero until it stopped happening. Then slowly added in parameters until the cut was tailored to what i want. We had that problem with something else too, i think it was triggering. Once you reset it or switch to another option, then switch back it works fine. Talk about brain fart! hehe I still wish there was an option to do full fuel cut as opposed to ignition cut, the amount of black smoke and bangs out the back is disturbing :) I understand what simon said about a possible lean event with the cuts being so small/short, but isn't that the same for launch control and/or speed/rev limit? With that in mind, wouldn't the rev's drop faster with fuel cut too? as opposed to -30 or -40 ignition cut. Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike.

There is a combo of reasons why it is like this, but the main one with flat shift would really be the time it takes to change gear... Really fast.  So fast in fact, that there really isn't enough time to phase fuel back in correctly.  With the other features, there is a phasing in type function going on in the back ground, reinroducing fuel/spark in the correct manner where applicable.

Jurgen

Thanks for the reply Jurgen. Lets say for example my flatshift takes 0.1seconds to complete (clutch fully in to clutch fully out). I understand that the fuelling is hard to phase back in, and thats why you cut ignition. Would it be possible to set a fuel cut for a set time ontop of the ignition cut? I.e. if i ran a timed cut of 0.1 seconds, could you cut the fuel for a set amount of time? 0.05 or 0.075 seconds etc? Or if you ran it Non-Timed, you could specify a certain amount of engine revolutions (1-4 for example) where the fuel was cut. That way it would be 100% on or off, no 'blending' or phasing of fuel back in. Or even another idea, could you rig it so that when you push in the clutch (over certain RPM + TPS) that it triggers another output from the ECU? I.e. the fuel injector relay signal? That way the ECU doesn't have to phase the fuelling at all, the injectors loose Power and therefore cannot operate? I love the flat shifting option. It makes the car amazing to drive. If i could get away with it, i would use it. But currently with my setup it doesn't allow me to run ignition cut systems. (we think because of hydralic lifter assembly). Any ideas would be good! Cheers, Mike P.s. Hayden, try what i did. Manually put everything to zero and try again. Set one options low and try them while the car is stationery. I.e. Rev limit 2000rpm, everything else turned off. I'm not sure if my problem is the same as yours though.