Link G1 V5 - 4AGE

Derek Kaijser

Are you NZ based? If so fastest check will be for us to look both the serial link and ECU over on the bench.

At least then we can confirm both are good and will know we are working with a fully functioning product.

You would be looking at $150+gst to have it fully tested and any minor faults fixed.

ok.

Another thing.

Does the ecu trigger and fire the coil when the rotor passes the pickup, or after it passes does it wait till a certain point or degree.
And is this changable.?

As when i was trying to get it to run, no #1 was a quarter turn from the VR pickup.(As its a smallport dizzy)
So wasnt getting spark out of #1. 
So that is why i changed the leads over, and ran #1 on the 4th post, which is directly opposite the pickup.. 
And got better spark, and fired a couple of times. But still not consistintly.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,
Had a little bit of help understanding some more of the fuel table, and ignition tables.
Tidied them up  a bit, and then tried to run the car again..

When cranking it doesnt start, but then when i stop cranking it has a surge of spark and fires.. Sometimes.
Once it actually fired and started running,
It idles nicley, but when reving past 3k it drops all spark (on the timing light) and backfires etc.

I then noticed that the Igniter is insanely hot... I take it this is not normal.. 
So im thinking there is an issue with how the Igniter is wired, or something in the Link..

Ig1 is wired to IGt.. And that seems to be correct everywhere i look..

What am i doing wrong.?
Am i missing something...

Thanks 

Make tripple sure you are not wired into ignition 2 output.

Check the wire location at the actual header do not rely on the wire colour.

Excessive dwell or the wrong spark edge (wired to ign2)  is what will cause the igniter to get hot.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 
Happy new Year.!!

Been trying again with the link etc, and still cant get it to rev higher than 4k ish..
This seems to be beacuse the igniter is getting really hot and cutting all spark so it doesnt explode.

Also tried an igniter off a ae101 silvertop, this helped a little to start off with, but after a minute it did the same thing and was getting really hot aswell..

To me it just seems to be that the link is giving to higher dwell to the igniter..
Can this be changed at all Simon.???
Or is that what the upgrade to v5 is for...

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Simon.

Tried today with a misibushi igniter, (as people say they have luck with these) and i still have the same issue.

It doesnt spark when cranking, but when i stop there is a surge of spark into the dizzy. Like the coil is holding it till the engine stops cranking.
Any idea what would be causing this??

Still getting rpm reading, and have set the  priority to sync, and have tried cyl with no difference..

thanks