4age silvertop help

JONATHAN BROPHY

hi there just starting my own install at home and wondering if any one attempted this im having trouble finding wiring diragms in english. and im also wondering if any one knows the standard voltages etc of the sensors etc... would be helpfull and easier than checking everything. also i saw in the maunal about the sensor ground connection as i have a few sensors that are in the car that are gorund connected can i just connect it to ground on the car or do i have to replace sensors for insulated units.

In the ideal world you would have isolated ground sensors that ground back at the ECU.  In practice that is not always the case.  Ground sensors at the ECU where you can.  Ground the ECU's power grounds at the engine block running both wires to the block.  Keep searching for wiring diagrams, I am sure you will find some.  I cant really tell you about every bit of wiring but I can answer any more specific questions you may have...

i have found diagrams now so that is cool i have a few questions: charcole purge soleniod do i need this? and i guess it is open when the car is running to suck in the vapors in the fuel tank into the intake to be burnt? 3 wire rotary isc with open and close coils common to 12vdc do i just use a relay common to earth connecting each coil on n/c and n/o so it automatically returns when the relay is not operating? the heater for the 4 wire ox sensor is connected to 12vdc and the other end to earth when is this activated or is it when ever the car ir running or only till the motor temp comes up? any ideas what the a/c amplifer is and shock absorber control? the h2o sensor is used for what purpose?

My answers assume that you are using a new G3 ECU???

Dont wire the purge solenoid.

Do not put a relay on ISC solenoid as it operates much faster than a relay can switch.  Wire it to the correct ECU auxiliary outputs.

Wire the heater to an ECU auxiliary output.  It is a GP output that turns on when RPM is present and off at high boost.

Not sure what shock absorber control is used for, maybe active suspension?

Is the H2O sensor the engine coolant temp sensor?

There is an A/C signal from the dash switch to tell the ECU that air con is required.  It wires to an ECU digital input.  There is an A/C output from the ECU to turn the clutch on when A/C is required.  The ECU controls the clutch so it can disengage it at full power and delay engaging it at idle so it can correct idle speed first.  The output wires to an ECU auxiliary output.

yes i have a g3 plus unit installing it to a 4age 20v turbo i have a water temp sensor and a h20 sensor not knowing what the later is for. i have 3 controls for aircon act ac1 ac2 and econ assuming they are signal from dash full mode and eco mode clutch and ac compressor temp i think sound about right? i thaught the xxy heater would only run during startup as the exaust would heat it? do i need the purge legally in nz ?

There will be a single wire temp sensor for the gauge, a two wire sensor for the coolant temp and possibly another temperature switch...

You will have to do some testing to determine what function the A./C wires have and where to wire them...

The oxy heater must be wired as the exhaust will not heat it enough at idle, but you can control it as you wish.

There are currently no emmissions control laws in NZ, but you can wire purge to an Aux out and set it up to turn on at overrun and light cruise...

sweet sorted the latter stuff out now just that i have a 3 wire isc and an air con isc aswell there is two valves under the manifold bypassing the throttles? just remove one and rely on that? if i remove the purge associated stuff i would have to put in a venting fuel cap i think as it is a sealed system sweet tho. shock absorber control is some rough translation for knock sensor from the jap diagrams ha who would of guessed. one of the legs to the tps is removed from the factory computer at idle do i just bridge out the closed switch in so that dont happen or will it be ok with out it? currently the fuel pump is run off the amf door switch using my cunning i could use the spare amf wires to link fuel pump, map and inlet air temp back to the computer but.... where would i get the male end amf plug from to make an adaptor so i dont need to cut up the loom?

I have to be quick but:

• Don't wire the idle switch to anything.
  • Don't worry about the Knock sensor as the ECU has no input for it.
  • You probably wont be able to get a connector for the AFM.  You will have to join the wires just behind the connector.
  • Yeah you could use the AFM signal wire to run the IAT sensor, just make sure you use the AFM ground for the sensor as well.  You should really use the wires supplied in the LinkPlus G3 loom for MAP, TPS and IAT as they include the power supply and correct sensor grounds for the sensors.  Ideally you should wire from the ECU to the sensors rather than solder on to where the factory connector was...