Flashing to the latest firmware from version 4.4.3

Josh Colombo

I'm trying to flash to the latest firmware 4.8.1 from version 4.4.3, and I'm getting the box pop up to flash the firmware, but it just sits there indicating 'searching for ecu'.

Someone mentioned there was an extra step involved in flashing to the newer firmware from the older firmware, but I haven't been able to find any documentation, or I'm missing it in the help file. 

I can connect to the ECU just fine with PC Link, so I don't believe communications are an issue.

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

Well I finally got the ECU flashed to the latest firmware version.  I had this problem before….for some reason if I have the wireless network card enabled on my laptop the link firmware utility would not find the ECU.  So I updated the firmware to the latest 4.8.1.1033.  It succeeded successfully, but once it completed the update I’m now not able to connect to the ECU any more.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling PC Link and the USB drivers.  The USB drivers detected the ECU on initially being connected but I still can’t connect to the ECU, neither with PC Link or the firmware updater.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Josh