integra plug in

Jason Conklin

i ve installed an integra link and im have two particular problems. one is that as soom as i installed the ecu and done the configuration and start up i bigan to hear a popping noise coming out from the throttle body area. the second is that im having a slightly pinking as soon as i accelerate even without load and i cant get rid of it.base timing is set to 10 degrees btdc. after that i reinstalled the factory ecu just to be sure that these noises weren`t there before,and as soon as i put the stock ecu all the trouble went away. install the integra link back and the problems came agian. have some one got an idea of what can be please? thanks jason

Have you had this ECU tuned?  The popping noise and detonation will most likely be due to the engine being exceptionally lean, or the timing being way out.  Set the base timing as described in the manual (by setting the advance limit to zero, then setting the base timing with a timing light).  Best consult an experienced engine tuner otherwise you may damage your engine...

i am the tuner.i ve been tunning cars for the last 6 years and using link products for the last3. i know that it could be lean mixture problem but i had a very good quality wide band attatced and tried to richen out the mixture also up to 12.8:1 afr,but always with same problem. as for the base timing ,if done it exactly as described on the manual and this is not the first one i ve done,this must be the sixt one as a plug in on the honda that im doing but never had this kind of problem. thanks in advance jason

If you think it is an ECU fault, then send it back for testing.  Another posibility is the ignition phasing.  Some variations of Honda distributors can cause cross fire if they are rotated too far when setting the timing.  However, this is usually a problem at high RPM, not idle.  Best send the ECU back for testing.  Wouldn't hurt to also send the distributor also.  Contatc [email protected] for more help or ring Simon at Link.