cosworth yb trigger set up

Vincent Fenech

Hi, I am installing a G4 extreme with MSD coil pack and MSD DIS 2 plus on a ford Sierra Cosworth YB engine. The crank pulley is with 4 teeth and the distributor is with two teeth. Can someone please tell me which trigger set up I need to use? I already tried Ford Cosworth RS500 in the trigger set up but I am getting too many trigger errors during starting. Do I need to remove one teeth from the distributor and use another trigger set up ? because I am using wasted spark. I appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks Vince

Recently struggled with the exact same thing on a friends car. The triggerwires probably pick up interference from the coil/plugwires. Try to move them away from the high voltage cables and look for errors. Alternativly you can try to run a set of wires on the outside off the car from the ecu to the triggers.

The RS500 setup is the correct one for the triggers you got.

RS500 should match that pattern of 4 on the crank and 2 on the cam.

As the system is using reluctor sensors the polarity of the sensor will be critical as will the arming voltages.