ultimate ecu

Jason Borg

hi link

i think it is time that link will start to consider an ultimate ecu were the limit of inputs and outputs will be expanded in a big way.

these are the some of the items i need in the past and would be a great thing is link will consider this.

16 inj outputs that can be used for v8 engine with stage sequential or can be used on 3 or 4 stages of fuel for 4 cylinder or rotarys especially were you need 10 or more injectors and  lot of guys put more fuel via NOS solenoids,

datalogging with at least 50 parameters.

these are a big need for drag racing high applications

double the AN inputs or more which 8 of them can be egt dedicated channels

more DI inputs

2 onboard lambda control were you can you use a six wire sensor for methanol were you need very low afr measurements

more AUX outputs were you can have at least 4 with high power were you can drive nos solonoids directly

these are some of the shortages i found personally .im sure there are more people out there that have more ideas on what its need to be added.

I know there is also the option to add the expanders via can but that night not be enough also

I know that all this might required a new design and that might be not viable for buisness as the most power sellers are the small units but i know people that are going to an other brand cause if this.

thanks

jason

Hi Jason,

don't worry I have been asking for this also.

There is a need for these abilities.

The problem is it takes a lot of money to be invested into these new products.

What is outlaid has to be made back with substantial gain to warrant building the unit in the first place.

No good focussing on a product and only selling 10 of them.

Regards

Dave.

Dave

i perfectly agree with you about the costs and if it is viable or no but you never know how the market is going to react until you launch the product.

we tuners perfectly know that there are lots of guys that are spending 5-6-7k or even more on X brand of ecu,so why not try to make a better one than the competitors with less $$$.

i believe that marketing is everything on such units and lot of people will agree that there is a place on the market for a unit with the capability's as i described,its just a matter of how LINK people will see it.

i also strongly suggest that LINK will at least expand the logging channels on the existing units as that is one of the things i find is pushing back people from going on LINK units.

regards

jason

Janson why not just add a Dash 2 pro or something similary. CAN will transfer around 80 parameters which than can be downloaded from the dash logger. I found for cirquite race I helps alot to have GPS data aviable to better understand the logs. I also wondering for what more than 25 channels should be needed? but I'm sure you can give me a small lesson on that ;-) 

Besides, you mentioned 8 analoge EGT iputs. Why stick with old technic. Have a look a the Megasquirt CAN EGT amplifier. I sent such a unit to LINK a few month ago for CAN dissasembling. On newer PC-LINK softwares you just have to chooise the preconfigured CAN setup for the unit and it will work straight away. CAN transmission is much more accurate than analoge. Nevertheless there are also 8 analoge outputs on the unit if you stll prefer that. Additional you can connect an LC-2 or a whole Innovate chain to the unit and transmitt it to the ECU. It's a really nice unit with a very competitive price. 

Edited by mapper

hi mapper

well let put it this way,my point here is not to add more units (boxes) but to reduce the units.

i said that there are other ways of doing it like adding expander but what i found is that i had guys that didn`t wanted to go for that route.

i could go with a racepak instead of a dash 2 pro and put all the data on the racepak but still was not my point as you are adding more units.

for some application 25 channels are more than enough but what we do if you have a drag high application with a V8 twin turbo and chasing a misfire down the track??

never used an lc2 as i have a very bad taste of innovate from my past experience and besides that innovate claim that the lowest is can go is .5 lambda.

on methanol application that is not enough.

So the point of all this is that while a brand of ECU have some of the features i mentioned up here and cost much lot than our units,people are still buying them so why not LINK can have a unit that come close or surpasses them? 

regards

jason

hi mapper

well let put it this way,my point here is not to add more units (boxes) but to reduce the units.

i said that there are other ways of doing it like adding expander but what i found is that i had guys that didn`t wanted to go for that route.

i could go with a racepak instead of a dash 2 pro and put all the data on the racepak but still was not my point as you are adding more units.

for some application 25 channels are more than enough but what we do if you have a drag high application with a V8 twin turbo and chasing a misfire down the track??

never used an lc2 as i have a very bad taste of innovate from my past experience and besides that innovate claim that the lowest is can go is .5 lambda.

on methanol application that is not enough.

So the point of all this is that while a brand of ECU have some of the features i mentioned up here and cost much lot than our units,people are still buying them so why not LINK can have a unit that come close or surpasses them? 

regards

jason

Hi Jason,

Sorry for off-topic, you said going 0.5 lambda with metanol. That sounds quite impossible since lambda 1 is stoich with every fuel used. Just out of quriosity..? Or are converting from (methanol) AFR to lambda?

Edited by Sutkale