CAN-EGT module

Anzelmi

Being the GPS of the AiM 09 is 25Hz.  And the CAN is set to 20Hz.  Can you just change this to 50Hz to try and get the fastest update rate?  I ask as I was going to attempt to try and use this as a possible traction control or GPS Speed vs VSS.  Being I am AWD with a welded center diff I don't have a lot of options and when AiM released this new faster GPS I thought I would give it a shot.

Can question Hz.jpg

Another question.  So the GPS unit is on the CAN BUS network.  So the GPS sends out it's data. The dash recieves it and then outputs the GPS Speed to the ECU.  

Is there a way to get the Link Thunder to recieve the speed when the GPS unit broadcasts it's data?

Since it is a AiM product would they release the file/data you need to read it?  Or does the dash need to decode it as the ECU can't?

• 4 months later...

So LF = GPS speed. LR=VSS speed

Using the AIM GPS09. I had to put the GPS main to KPH. Then to get MPH on the dash I put the GPS into a math channel and put MPH and it converted it for me while sending KPH to the Link Thunder so it displays the correct speed.

Also you can see the AIM EGT'S are working correctly to sending it to ECU via CAN

IMG-20220518-WA0006.jpg

I sure hope the EGT data is incorrect. LOL.

Going back to your question in December: If the bitrate is the same for the CAN GPS on the CAN network it should be readable by the Link directly if you receive it by it's CAN ID I would guess.  The HEX in you screen shot above is 0x4B1 it looks like - the decimal version of that according to an online converter is 1201.  I don't know what else you would have to set up precisely - but receive user stream and a frame that identifies what it is I think.

• 1 year later...
On 5/14/2018 at 2:16 PM, Adamw said:

Some files and instructions attached.  It will be fine to connect to the same bus as the CAN Lambda provided your CAN Lambda is using the default 1Mbit bitrate. 

ECU Master 8Ch EGTtoCAN.txt

Ecumaster Egt2CAN Stream2 ID1553.lcs

Ecumaster Egt2CAN Stream1 ID1552.lcs

For the ecuMaster CAN EGT, Is there a certain config I need to set on the unit so its sending? or should OOTB "work"?

I know the CAN into the ecu works as I just got the car tuned :D and the can talks to the dyno.. And I've tried swapping low and High speed can pins on teh EGT unit as an a Insanity check ( yep, im still insane..)

Secondly, is there a mode on a 4x where I can  "watch" the CAN stream? Just to see if something is being picked up?

(Its not like i can use wireshark on the thing without a CAN adaptor.. and im not quite that insane.. yet..)!!

Im presuming self terminating here..... (seriously, networking, arrgh, )