Cold Start Help

Guest |195|

Guest |195|

Hi,

I have my k24 powered honda running on a vi-pec v88.

I've been having trouble tuning the cold start parametres.

Would anyone be able to suggest some suitable settings/starting points for this engine?

Crank enrichment %

Crank enrichment hold times

Post crank enrichment %

Post crank hold times

Thanks!

Guest |195|

Between 50*C and 80*C the engine starts pretty well.

Between 10*C to 20*C it's still having some trouble. After a few seconds of cranking the engine will try to kick over but then immediately stops. It will sometimes start on the second cranking attempt. On the third attempt it starts with little fuss. This lead me to believe a higher cranking enrichment might be needed, however I did notice some carbon deposits on the exhaust tip.

Perhaps the post-start enrichment is not delivering enough fuel once the engine kicks over into the higher rpm. That might explain why the engine stops as soon as it tries to kick over.

Any reccomendations?

I have looked at the map, and I think the starting relates to the DBW idle settings.

There is a startup step table that can be used to give more throttle when the engine starts. I believe your idle control table values are a little too big at cooler temperature. The map you send me had the throttle open at 3.5% and a idle speed of 1600 rpm at 50 deg C. At this temperature you should not need such a high idle. I would try making this table smaller and using the startup step table at colder temperatures.

Ray.

Guest |195|

still having some trouble at lower temperatures with these settings. I'll make some small adjustments to the values to see if that helps.

would you suggest activating the pre-crank prime?

• 12 years later...