Electronic throttle body

a6_quattro

Hi

I'm running Fury on my car and now I'm planning to replace my old wire throttle body to a electronic.

I've looked at Volvo V70 2,5 FT throttle body with PN 30711552 because they are relativly cheap here in Sweden, under 200 Euro pedal included.

Do you think it will work with Fury or do you have other suggestions of better choice of throttle body?

I've really tried to search for info without any success.

Regards

Hans

Hi Hans,

I googled a picture of the throttle body and it looks to have 6 pins. I would be guessing they are the following:

• + Motor
  • - Motor
  • +5V supply
  • Sensor ground supply
  • Throttle Position Main
  • Throttle Position Sub

Do you have access to some pinout or wiring information? 

Scott

Hi Scott

Looks like the Bosch PN is 0280750146 for this TB.

This is what I've found when searching for pinout:

Going on the second image with the ecu pins, info for a B5354T7 2009 model with a 30711552 throttle body:

TB PinControl module terminalSignal typeIgnition onIdleMiscellaneous
1A75Throttle unit motor, control signal (-)-PWM signal U top=Ubat Pulse ratio 0-100%. The polarity of the control signal switches when the damper motor is to be deployed in the opposite direction.The throttle motor is controlled using a PWM signal from the integrated power amplifier in the Engine Control Module (ECM) measured to terminal #A74
2A14Throttle position (TP), signal groundU=UlowU=Ulow-
3A19Throttle position (TP) sensor, power supply 5 VU=5 V--
4A74Throttle unit motor, control signal (+)-PWM signal U top=Ubat Pulse ratio 0-100%. The polarity of the control signal switches when the damper motor is to be deployed in the opposite direction.The throttle motor is controlled using a PWM signal from the integrated power amplifier in the Engine Control Module (ECM) measured to terminal #A75
5A88Throttle position (TP) sensor circuit 2, signalU≈4-0.4 VU≈4-0.4 VThe voltage varies depending on the position of the throttle. U decreases with increasing throttle opening.
6A65Throttle position (TP) sensor circuit 1, signalU≈ 0.4-4 VU≈ 0.4-4 VU varies depending on the position of the throttle. U increases with increased throttle opening.

The inputs and outputs look like a normal e-throttle body, so I can not see any problems with using throttle body. One other thing to check if possible would be the current draw of the motor, the ECU can supply 4 amps on the e-throttle drivers.

The only tricky thing I can see with this throttle body will be determining some good PID gain values. 

Scott

• 2 months later...

Hello Scott, sorry to hi-jack the thread but this is something i am planning - Could you recommend E-throttle bodies and pedals that are good and easy to retrofit to nissan engines like sr20det/ca18det/ka24de/rb series? Also is it possible to run anti-lag through e-throttle with the current state of firmware and even possibly eliminate the idle valve all with the e-throttle? :) 

PCLink Help > Wiring Information > Output Wiring > E-Throttle > Specific E-throttle Applications also contains some info on setup information for various e-throttle bodies.

Scott

Any of the above would be good options. Yes antilag works really well with E throttle as you can run a second target table to activate based on the antilag switch.

Further to Simon's comment, you can also use E-throttle for idle control and dont need a separate idle valve.

You can presently have up to 3 E-throttle target tables, so to give an example you could have one for normal driving, one for when antilag is activated (which doesnt allow throttle to close beyond 15%) and another for say highway cruising that has a nicer response curve at small throttle openings.

Any of the above would be good options. Yes antilag works really well with E throttle as you can run a second target table to activate based on the antilag switch.

The nice thing about using one of the e-throttle bodies in our help file is we have wiring information and settings there to use, which makes things easy. Look at where your throttle body currently bolts on and look at how your current accel pedal assembly attaches then go to an automotive wreckers and look for some options. For my car the accel pedal assembly mounts on the floor rather than the firewall, and I found a MkV golf GTi pedal worked well.

Scott

Hello Scott, sorry to hi-jack the thread but this is something i am planning - Could you recommend E-throttle bodies and pedals that are good and easy to retrofit to nissan engines like sr20det/ca18det/ka24de/rb series? Also is it possible to run anti-lag through e-throttle with the current state of firmware and even possibly eliminate the idle valve all with the e-throttle? :) 

I find that 04-06 Subaru pedals are all over ebay for around $40-50 US.

A while back I modified a Greddy manifold for SR20 with a Subaru flange to suit DBW sti throttle body.

• 6 months later...

How does one determine TP (Main) and TP (Sub)? I have a Bosch TB with 6 contacts. Two of them are:

EA IP1S - Actual value potentiometer 1 sliding contact analog input

EA IP2S - Actual value potentiometer 2 sliding contact analog input

Is this fair to assume that 1 = Main and 2 = Sub?

Thanks.