Boost control g4 storm problem

Giannis Leontiadis

i have problem with boost control at link g4 storm i have at spring pressure 1.4 bar and max 2.1 bar something going bad and i have only spring pressure at boost map have 30% target and dont get the max boost...

i check the turbo if work .. put off the air line and do boost cut at 2.3 bar so.........?? run open loop

check external,leak,air lines,mac valve,wirings,everything?

Hi,

The ideal way to check this is to check the duty cycle being applied to the wastegate solenoid by the ECU. To do this you will need access to an oscilloscope. However, not everyone has an oscilloscope. It sounds like you have already changed to another aux output channel and the problem is still happening. This makes it seem likely that the problem is external to the ECU. Would you mind recording a short PCLog and uploading it along with your base-map? Here is a video showing how to do this:

https://youtu.be/_P1LRANeO4A

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the log and the MAP I can see the WG duty is showing at 38%.

The map shows 28.5% in the DC table. I am assuming that the map is different to the one the log was taken from?

However running your map on a Storm on the bench gives a matching DC and pulsed output that matches.

If you set the output to Test PWM do you hear the solenoid working? (Engine not running)

Make sure the control solenoid is plumbed correctly to the wastegate and from the intake.

If you were to put the duty cycle to 100% does the car make max boost?

Can you confirm the solenoid operates when testing?

I have pipe from turbo to right position at mac valve andwith T to bottom at westgate and from left mac valve position at top of westgate ... 

How check it when run if the 2 cable is 12v and other go to aux at ecu if the last is ground can do one button out of ecu and press it and look if do pressure. (from aux is + or -)?

The Aux switches ground the solenoid needs 12V from a key switched supply.

If you have no noise when in Test PWM mode then there is an issue with the wiring on either side of the solenoid. Or the Aux drive has been damaged.

Its hard to damage a Aux output as they are current protected and will shut off at 2 amps.

If it clicks at key on then that would indicate the solenoid is being held open and should then result in max boost being applied.

Check that you have 12V to one side of the solenoid when you put the key on.

If you then ground the other side the solenoid should energize (click open)

To test the drives the test function is what you would use.

It sounds like the wastegate solenoid is ok. That leaves the following options:

• Ignition switched +12V not reaching the solenoid.
  • Ground (from ECU's Aux output) not reaching the solenoid.

You should use a test light to check if you have +12v on one pin of the solenoid wiring connector (with ignition switch on). You should then set the ECUs Aux output channel to Test(On) and check that the other pin of the solenoid wiring connector has ground.

If the +12V is missing then you should check your fuses. If the ground is missing then you should check again at the pin of the ECU.

Scott