G4+ Thunder Crash - FP Speed?

Bram

Hello.

My G4+ Thunder is doing some very weird things?  It seems to be tied into FP Speed in AUX outputs?  It seems the ECU will crash as soon as FP speed is enabled to an output.  It doesnt seem to matter which output either.  Like a software glitch or something.  I have tried restoring ECU to factory, then reloading the MAP.  The ECU seems fine, but as soon as you touch the FP speed setting the ECU disconnects from the PC, and seems to hang.  It keeps the main relay alive when its doing this aswell.  If you try and connect while its in this state, you get an error message stating "Error: ECU has had an exception and cannot connect.  Do you wish to view the debug information?"  The data from debug information is below.  Once it crashs like that, the only way to get it back is to pull the main relay or disconnect the battery.  I have tried Un-pinning the wire that im attempting to assign to FP speed entirely from the ECU and the try, and it still crashs everytime.  HELP?

Error: ECU has had an exception and cannot connect.
Please email the following information to [email protected]

Trap!
TFR=0x0002
Rv=0x0CA8
SP=0xFB92
CSP=0x0005
C=0
Regs=
R0=0x0050
R1=0x9D4C
R2=0x0006
R3=0x58F2
R4=0x0024
R5=0x0000
R6=0x0000
R7=0x3500
R8=0x2446
R9=0xC01A
RA=0x0023
RB=0x0000
RC=0x0000
RD=0x5505
RE=0x0000
RF=0x0084
Stack=
0x5505
0x0002
0x1801
0x9922
0x8EAA
0x7EBC
0xB204
0x0002
0x0E9E
0x0002
0xA8DE
0x0003
0x0001
0xE24D
0xE23C
0x2446
0x0001
0x2446
0xA170
0xA0FA
0x599C
0x0002
0xFC00
0x000C
0x0000
0x0000
0x4BE0
0x0005
0x0005
0x7578
0x0005
0x0801
0x0004
0x0900
0x0006
0xF3DE
0x0005
0x1834
0x0005

Im pretty sure its the latest.   i will double check when i next go out and work on the car.  it was getting late last night and i figured it best to stop and start fresh another time.

I looked in the help files before i tried it (moving the fp speed around) and im sure that there is a chart that says which output can be used for which function.  And im sure all boxes for FP speed were green across all outputs.  But when i looked in the little pamphlet that came with the ECU it says some that only the lower number AUX outputs support PWM.  And the higher ones dont.  I did try quickly putting the FP speed back to a lower AUX out channel and the ECU didnt crash.  So im assuming that was the cause.  

It would be nice if the PC link didnt let you be able to select an AUX out that is incompattible with the function.  EG FP Speed needing a PWM capable AUX out, Instead of allowing the error, then crashing.

Edited by Bram

What firmware and PC link version are you running?

ECU firmware 5.6.4.3240

PC Link Version 5.6.4.3229

Before I started moving the FP speed output around i did check the help file manual, and supposedly any output is listed as green for go.  But it wasnt until i double checked the paper pamphlet that came with the ECU that it apparently only does PWM on 1-8 output channels.  Only reason I wanted to change it around was to use an output for speedo out so i can use the internal multiplier to adjust my speedo to suit different tyres.  (and have the start up sweep match my tacho aswell.) 

link manual screenshot.bmp

Are you sure about using an unused injection channel for FP speed?  I cant get it to work on injection out.  

I will get an upload this evening.  although i have changed it slightly since the problem occurred.

Edited by Bram

It seems I cannot use a spare injection channel to run FP Speed.  It would seem it will ONLY run in Aux Outs that do PWM.  But its OK.  I have shuffled around a bunch out outputs and have got pretty much everything I wanted on a channel.  

Please find attached my ECU map as requested.  I have edited it a bit since the original problem.  But Im pretty sure it would still fault if i tried again.  Also I would greatly appreciate it if you would look it over and tell me if you think it would be ok to try and start the engine on.  I havent attempted running the engine yet.  But hopefully try it this weekend.  I just want to be able to start the engine up and check for oil/coolant leaks etc and then it will be taken to my tuner who will tune it proper on a dyno.  I would atleast like to be able to start the engine before taking it there.  I basically copied over the LINK base map for a Subaru and edited it to match what I have.

Also.  On a side note.  Why is it not possible to re-name Aux outputs above Aux 8.  For example I can re-name Aux out 8.  But I cannot re-name Aux 9.  I would like to run a few more GP outputs, and naming them would make it a little easier to keep track of.

YETI SLED BASE.pclr

Thanks for uploading the base-map. The engineers will work on fixing the FP Speed problem on channels that can't do PWM.

I've had a quick look over your base-map and didn't spot anything strange. Most engines running on modelled fuel mode seem to need a value of 60 to 70 in the idle area of Fuel table 1, so you could try setting cells in this area to this value.

You will want to use a timing light to check/set the base timing.

The higher numbered aux channel labelleling will be included on our next main firmware release.

Scott