3uzfe firing order in wasted spark

Lyndon Sharp

I'm using a Fury on on a 3UZ. Now I have to use sequential Injection and Wasted spark. If the firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 what is the firing sequencing or the ignition in wasted spark (1,4,2,3)?

Or, am I better off setting the firing order to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and repinning the injectors in firing order and connecting the coils pairs as 1-6, 5-8, 4-7, 2-3 to 1 -> 4 IGN outputs respectively?

Lyndon.

Make sure the cylinder count is 8 and the correct firing order is set in software.

Wire the injectors as CYL1 to INJ1, CYL2 to INJ2 etc, they will be correctly pulsed according to the Firing Order Table in Sequential mode.

Wire the ignition outputs as you have mentioned, so 1&6 to IGN1, 5&8 to IGN2, 4&7 to IGN3, 3&2 to IGN 4.

I'm pretty sure it ignores the Firing Order table for the ignition side of things when in Wasted Spark mode so the ECU simply runs through the IGN outputs 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4.

Edited by Leiden

Make sure the cylinder count is 8 and the correct firing order is set in software.

Wire the ignition outputs as you have mentioned, so 1&6 to IGN1, 5&8 to IGN2, 4&7 to IGN3, 3&2 to IGN 4. When the ignition mode is set to Wasted Spark the ECU simply runs through the outputs 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4. I'm pretty sure it ignores the Firing Order table for the ignition side of things when in Wasted Spark mode.

Wire the injectors as CYL1 to INJ1, CYL2 to INJ2 etc

This was Exactly what I was wondering, if in wasted mode the ignition reverted to a linear sequence, 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 and so on. Thanks.