Staged Injection Deadtime Table

Llewellyn

Hi Llewellyn,

I have just had a play with this function myself and can see what you mean...  When the dead time table is set to "3D" in the injector setup screen it only changes the primary table to 3D, whereas the secondary table remains as fixed a 2D table.  I dont think this is the expected behavior so let me check with engineering tomorrow.

keep it here is good.  For new features especially if more users post they want the same feature then it puts more weight on the request.

As for the 3d secondary deadtime.  Can you elaborate a little on why you would you need that?  While I totally agree that it should be there and working -  I can only think of a few odd ball scenarios where it would really be needed on secondary injectors so that's possibly why it hasnt been raised earlier.

This one I really see as a bug - not a feature. It is stupid to have it one way for the primary set and another for the secondary set.

Why you would need it - depends completely how you are using the secondary injectors - If you are purely using them as a secondary extra then the benefit of having the 3d table setup properly is very likely less than using a Pri/Sec ratio and actually using them in a larger amount of the map / all of the map. I think the latest technology injectors have reduced the need for secondary injection but larger setups like mine (and perfectionists like me) still require it when running alcohol and retaining manners and drivability.

Modeled fuel is completely based on the accuracy of the information for the calculation - More information, better calculation result, better drivability and result for us, the customer :P

My "wish list" for staged injection would be:

1. Be able to set injection timing seperately to primary injectors (optimum point is quite different between primary and secondary)

2. IAT trims etc to apply to the secondary injectors, as mine uses 95% outboard injectors with higher rpm. (Theres an existing thread about this)

3. To be able to use fuel cut rev limit with staged injection, rather than primaries cut and secondary keeps on going. Using an ignition cut instead isnt good for my wideband or arguably for the longevity of my mufflers either.

4. Currently it's set so if you have an RPM based staging table, there is still a minimum RPM at which staged injection will engage (which is now a redundancy) it would be nice if you could set this to a minimum throttle position or minimum MAP signal instead: 

evoyad5f.ipc.jpg

5. It would be nice to be able to setup the Sec PW Lockout right down to 0ms, (rather than 0.6ms currently) so if I set it to use 100% staged injection I know that I'm using outer injectors all of the time. This would be useful for initial configuration because even if you've got accurate injector info, the different injector placement can cause it to behave differently so you really need to test "in car" to set the primary/secondary ratio etc in a way that represents how it will actually work.So isolating entirely to outer injectors would be useful here I think, as well as troubleshooting for individual injector issues.

Edited by Davidv

Hi Llewellyn,

I have just had a play with this function myself and can see what you mean...  When the dead time table is set to "3D" in the injector setup screen it only changes the primary table to 3D, whereas the secondary table remains as fixed a 2D table.  I dont think this is the expected behavior so let me check with engineering tomorrow.

I have had confirmation from Engineering this morning that this was an oversight and we will fix it.  Hopefully for the next release.

My "wish list" for staged injection would be:

1. Be able to set injection timing seperately to primary injectors (optimum point is quite different between primary and secondary)

2. IAT trims etc to apply to the secondary injectors, as mine uses 95% outboard injectors with higher rpm. (Theres an existing thread about this)

3. To be able to use fuel cut rev limit with staged injection, rather than primaries cut and secondary keeps on going. Using an ignition cut instead isnt good for my wideband or arguably for the longevity of my mufflers either.

4. Currently it's set so if you have an RPM based staging table, there is still a minimum RPM at which staged injection will engage (which is now a redundancy) it would be nice if you could set this to a minimum throttle position or minimum MAP signal instead: 

evoyad5f.ipc.jpg

5. It would be nice to be able to setup the Sec PW Lockout right down to 0ms, (rather than 0.6ms currently) so if I set it to use 100% staged injection I know that I'm using outer injectors all of the time. This would be useful for initial configuration because even if you've got accurate injector info, the different injector placement can cause it to behave differently so you really need to test "in car" to set the primary/secondary ratio etc in a way that represents how it will actually work.So isolating entirely to outer injectors would be useful here I think, as well as troubleshooting for individual injector issues.

Hi DavidV,

I see most of your suggestions above are already on our request list.  They are relatively low priority for now though and not being worked on yet. 

Hi David,

Can you elaborate more on this statement.  I just tried myself on the test bench and fuel cut on the secondaries seems to work as expected.