Boost creeping

Jkr33

Hi,

got my car tuned at a performance shop was running mint roughly tuned to 15.5psi on the dyno only because clutch couldn't handle anymore , I ended up putting a good clutch and light weight flywheel on it ,now seems to be boost creeping up to about 20psi  , just wondering if that would be contributing to the issue or could it be something else , I'm going to take it back for a re tune just wondering if anyone else has come across similar issues 

Cheers

We probably dont have enough info to answer this.  It could be purely a mechanical issue such as the wastegate too small or not fully opening or it could be the boost control function in the ECU set up properly.  It will need to go back to the tuner to finish the job by the sounds.

Cheers for that , sorry yeah it's a rb20det with usual mods and a few trick stuff with journal bearing t3/t4 38mm wastegate got up to 406hp atw but clutch couldn't handle it so backed if off to 380hp, didn't over boost up in till the new flywheel and clutch maybe was still slipping slightly while they dynod it I'm not sure , yeah I have checked over everything pipes etc everything is good , I think will get in touch with the tuner and may upgrade the wastegate in case like u say not fully opening or too small before it goes back in 

Cheers

Apply some pressure to the waste gate and look at the operation. Make sure it is moving properly. You can also check your MAC valve aka boost solenoid and make sure you do not have a faulty controller. You running CL boost control? it could be applying proper load now and not slipping. Just double check everything before retune to make sure you have zero issues down the road.